You can type here any text you want

Help...Question about an engine swap!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87 Limited

I have a 1987 Buick Regal Limited that came stock with a 307 V8, can I swap a 1983 3.8 liter turbo motor complete with computer and harness easily? Please help any feedback would be great.

I have a 1987 Buick Regal Limited that came stock with a 307 V8, can I swap a 1983 3.8 liter turbo motor complete with computer and harness easily? Please help any feedback would be great.

It's a pretty easy swap as long as you have the correct frame mounts for the V6 and all the accessories. The Oldsmobile mounts will not work. You will probably have to change the front springs also because of the difference in weight.

Yes you can. If you'd like some more info please come visit us red headed step children in the before black section.:biggrin: To be totally honest with you though, if you want extra power find an Olds 350 and it'll drop right in. Electronics and all can be used so more cubes and emmision legal if you need to be.

lots of work for so little HP gain. :confused:

Dan, give us early guys some credit here. When the SFI design came out no one even bothered with the C/T design so you really can't say that. I'm just beginning to get to the point of proving you can get 11's after all. Between three of us B4B guys we're actually doing well with them. There's a good chance of breaking the 12:90 time barrier now.:biggrin:

I know the 87's are more sought after...but I can get this complete motor, harness and computer cheap out of an '83. My regal is a Grand Natty clone without the motor. I was just wondering if it would be worth it. I was originally going to put a built 350 chevy sb in it, the old 307 was wore out.

There's more than the puter and harness you'll need but if you want to do it I'd say go for it. Seriously though, come do some reading in the before black section to get a better idea. We've got several members that've done transplants.

Back