You can type here any text you want

Help setup on my recent purchases.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Danster

I have recently purchased and installed a Pioneer (DEH-P77DH) 1.5 DIN radio and a Basslink Sub. When I have a CD playing with the volume at around 45 or so it will cutout the volume to the speakers. I then have to turn off the radio and turn it back on.

Could this be related to the wiring? By the way, I have 6x9 Eclipse in the rear with adapters to fit. and Infinity ones in the Concert II area. I can't recall the model, but they are midrange with tweeters. These came with a black box in the wiring which I assume is some kind of crossover box to prevent them from getting bass to them?

What would be the ideal setup? Do I need to add an AMP for the speakers? I'm not looking to win any awards. Just want a good system. By the way, I'm very happy with the bass the Basslink puts out. Don't need or want anymore than that.

What's a good AMP for driving the speakers? Not wanting to spend a great deal of money, just need something powerful enough to drive the four speakers and last me a while.

Also, can someone give me pointers to set the specs for the radio and Basslink? The radio has all kinds of options, such as Bass 50Hz, 80Hz and 120Hz, normal or Reverse, etc.

TIA!

Dannyo

This sounds like the head unit clipping (playing above its design) I always recommend an amp for mids and highs, easy fix, e-bay a small 4 channel alpine, eclipse, polk, etc etc brand amp (at least 25wx4, which is way more than a head unit at 25wx4). I am not familiar w/ Basslink, if its a powered sub, does its volume cut off w/ the other speakers? Whats it wired to?

The Basslink is self powered. It does not cutoff when the other speakers do. I have RCA's hooked up from the Basslink to the Head unit.

I will look at E-bay for an amp.

Do you guys recommend running a heavier guage wire from the speakers to the head unit (not using the factory wiring)?

Thanks guys!

Dannyo

The wiring isn't being maxxed out, however when you do the amp, may as well run wire to the speakers, its an additional hour that'll prevent a headache later.
Also run 8ga minimum for the new amp (pwr and grnd) for the mids/highs, be sure they get the benefit of amplification and the amp doesn't clip either. If you plan on more powe later run 4 gs and call it a day.

Back