You can type here any text you want

Help! Thrasher Chip for my TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Redline89

Redline89
I installed a Thrasher chip. When I give it 1/2 to 3/4 throttle it seems to accellerate faster than WOT throttle. Boost seems to go off at 1/2 throttle. Sending the factory guage over 20 PSI. I know these guages are not all that accurate but... Plus the idle acts kind of funny. Smooth, then sounds like it is going to stall, then smooth again. I read the Thrasher instructions and it said this could happen if the AIC (air idle control was not set properly. My gas is 3 years old too! I ran it down to 1/6 of a tank then fueled with 2 gallons of Mobil 93 octane. I figured I would mix a little higher octance then refill at the empty mark.
I do have a direct scan 1.5 version but I do not know how to use it. I do not have a scanmaster. Help.

I'm sure the old gas is not helping matters but I'm guessing there might be something else "not quite right". If you have Direct Scan then by all means hook it up. If you don't know how to, go to the DS web site and get the user manual. You'll need a laptop computer to run DS but the good news here is just about any will work as long as it has a parallel port.

The Thrasher was a great chip years ago (although in my GN it caused too much knock). Chips designed in the last, say 5 years, are far superior.

Your TPS might not be adjusted properly so it should be checked. The only other advise is when ever you have a problem like this, and unless your TTA has hugh injectors, temporarily go back to the stock chip and observe it's behavior.

Back