You can type here any text you want

HELP! Trans Inspection cover

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chicagoTTA

Crack Baby
Okay, I am a retard.

See my previous posts, and you'll see I am t-shooting a loud clanking noise in the trans/converter area. PRAYING it's just loose converter bolts.

How do I get this F*&$^#(ing thing off??? The Trans lines might be in the way, the exhaust might be in the way... can't take THAT off cus the downpipe's in the way.

There MUST be a fairly easy way to get this f**ker off.

What must I remove/loosen to do this??? Don't want to take all this s**t off. Must be an easier way.

HELP!!!!

My car doesnt have an inspection cover on it. I like looking at my billet converter :D

You probably have to remove the crossover pipe or tranny lines..keeping taking bolts out until it comes off.

No treats just a big ol' trick.

Thanks Julio... I was really hoping there was an easier way that I just ain't seeing. It looks like it's 'sposed to be easy. Ya know?

Time to take it all apart. Not a biggie, and thanks for the reply.

Here's a real tip, whenever you pull off one of the exhuast bolts dunk its threads in copper hi-temp anti seize before re-assembly. What happens is next time the exhuast has to come off..it will do so easily.

Spraying the bolts with rust penetrant liquid will also free them up. Last thing you want is a bolt to snap on the header or exhuast.. that will really mess your day up.. hence the anti-seize for future work..

Good luck..keep guns and bombs away from the car ;)

Well, it was easier than it looked yesterday. I took off the pass side of the crossover, and loosened the drivers side just enough that I could wiggle that bad boy outta there.

And... IT WORKED. The clanking's gone, as 2 of the 3 bolts were fairly loose.

I wonder if we should put this in a common problem sticky. It seems I've seen a few posts like mine, all with the same problem and resolution. Even on VERY low mile cars.

I just don't understand how they could become so loose on a 4k mile car. Ugh.

Thanks again for your help.

Michael

Describe the noise you heard.

Michael, can you describe the noise you heard? Was it constant or just when you put the tranny in gear?
I don't have any noises on mine, but it's always good to know for the future. Thanks, Nicholas.

When I first start the car, you can certainly hear a loud clanking noise coming from the trans area. Put it in gear, and it seems to get a little louder. When I drive, it seems to go away, only to re-appear when I stop again.

Just odd for such a low mile car. But, it seems that several other low mile cars had this happen. Just glad that's all it was.

Back