You can type here any text you want

Help with ECM and all to do with it

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GrannyNash87

Senior Memebr
Hey whats up every1 need a little no alot of help here . Ok here it goes.......
I have 55 lbs injectors i was told i needed a modded ecm how or where do i get this do i have a casper chip to go along with this its a 7 way ajustable. 2. I never get a retard reding uot of my scanmaster i am only making 7 lbs of boost this maybe the problem from what i am told. 3. what is dfi or fast lost on this to heard about it on tb.com but have no clue what i am listening or reading about. 4. what does a wide band 02 do and a simulator how do this work what do u need to do and do i need it. 5. i have an autometer tach that is way off do i need to snip a wire to make it read correctly like hooking up an msd. I think this will do it for now i appriciat the help forth hand thanks every1 for this site and the hep it gives
Mike

Hi, welcome aboard.

Lots of places sell chips- you might try going to Cotton's Performance, if you have a turbo car in New England, Jack is a good guy to know.

If you are making only 7 PSI of boost, then you have something wrong. The factory (unmodified) setup made a lot more than this.

DFI and FAST are replacements for the factory ECM. Their biggest advantage is their programmability- for instance when you change from 36# to 55# injectors, a quick change in the program is all you need.

Wide-Band is a type of Oxygen sensor that can indicate your actual A/F ratio. A typical factory-style oxygen sensor can only detect whether you are richer or leaner than 14.7:1 (like an on-off switch), but a wide-band can indicate the ratio.

The first step is to see if your tach has a setting for the number of cylinders- you might be set on 8-cylinder or 4-cylinder mode.

In case that was difficult to read, a friend helped me with a translation that might make better sense:

HI WELCOM3 ABOARD
LOTS OF PLAECS SEL CHIPS- U MIGHT TRY GONG 2 COTTONS P3RFORMANC3 IF U HAEV A TURBO CAR IN NU 3NGLAND JACK IS A GOD GUY 2 KNOW !!1! OMG
IF U R MAKNG ONLY 7 PSI OF BOST THAN U HAEV SOMETHNG WRONG11!!11!! WTF LOL TEH FAC2RY (UNMODIFEID) SETUP MAED A LOT MOR3 THAN THIS
DFI1!1!1!! WTF LOL AND FAST R REPLAECM3NTS FOR TEH FAC2RY 3CM!1!!!!!! THEYRE BIGEST ADVANTAEG IS THEYRE PROGRMMABILITY- FOR INSTANC3 WH3N U CHANG3 FROM 36# 2 55# INJEC2RS A QUIK CHANGE IN DA PROGRM IS AL U NED !!!!!!!
WIED-BAND IS A TYPA OF OXYGEN S3NSOR TAHT CAN INDICAET UR ACTUAL A/F RATIO1!1! LOL A TYPICAL FAC2RY-STYLE OXYG3N SENSOR CAN ONLY DETACT WHETHAR U R RICH3R OR LEAENR THAN 1471!1!!! OMG (LIEK AN ON-OF SWITCH) BUT A WIED-BAND CAN INDICAET DA DA11!1!1 OMG WTF LOL FIRST ST3P IS 2 SE IF UR TACH HAS A SETNG FOR DA NUMBR OF CYLIND3RS- U MIGHT B SAT ON 8-CYLINDAR OR 4-CYLINDAR MODE!!1!!! LOL

-Bob Cunningham

Back