You can type here any text you want

Help with going back stock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

imca9j

The t type i bought has a bigger turbo and a methanol injection that kicks on at 20 pounds of boost. the computer is programmed for this. I would like to get rid of the methanol injection and put the computer back stock. is this possible and still leave the bigger turbo? It needs a crank sensor replaced after driving for a while the car dies you wait a few minuets its starts back up. The fuel gauge doesnt work as well could this pretain to the crank sensor? new to all this electronic and turbo world

Welcome, your new best friend is this site.. read, read, read. First do you have a scan tool?? if not get that first! What other mods are on the car? Inj. size, what chip? etc.

bigger injectors i have no idea what chip and has some scan deal that reads temps ect

i dont want to race this car just have a reliable nice driver w decent power. i dont want to get into a money pit

Leave the scanmaster. Turn the boost down to 15, only run premium. Without knowing exactly what's under the hood, its hard to help. Where are you located roughly? Someone close may be able to help you with your goal.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

First find out what you have.. Can't help much guessing what is "bigger injectors or turbo" They might be a perfect combo ? Is really all in your tune how the car drives/runs.. Is stock or aftermarket ECU?

The t type i bought has a bigger turbo and a methanol injection that kicks on at 20 pounds of boost. the computer is programmed for this. I would like to get rid of the methanol injection and put the computer back stock. is this possible and still leave the bigger turbo? It needs a crank sensor replaced after driving for a while the car dies you wait a few minuets its starts back up. The fuel gauge doesnt work as well could this pretain to the crank sensor? new to all this electronic and turbo world

From reading this I picked up a couple things... first, you've been misinformed about your car. Second, the only thing you know about the car is what you've done yourself....

That being said, you need a plain ole modern chip and a set of functional matching injectors for the car to run daily on the street without supplemental fueling.

also, it's most likely not the crank sensor causing your hot running condition. The fuel gauge problem has nothing to do with you other problems.

i dont want to race this car just have a reliable nice driver w decent power. i dont want to get into a money pit

LOL - too late.
Once you bought the car - you were officially a member of the money pit.
Congrats!

Attachments

• 1386651165202.jpg
    1386651165202.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 69
X2 what the others said.
You need to do a basic inventory.
So that should you want to order a new chip - you can have a good sense of what you have.

The basic checklist is:
Injector Sizing
Turbo model and size
Intercooler type and model
Any TB mod
Torque converter stall type
EGR present, required for emissions - or no?
You can't neccesarily do much about what type of cam or internals - but you can pull a valve cover and see what your valve train is

A few of these things are irrelevent to chip design - but just good things to know.

Alky aside - a lot of things non-stock upgrades that get installed over the years - like Adj FPR; FP hotwire kits, Better IC's; Turbo Savers; larger DPs, Aftermarket Headers, Stiffer valve springs, etc etc - actually also offer significant improvements to the longevity of the engine or components.
Stock was OK - but it had some shortcomings.

Funny - since most guys go the other way - and scrimp and save to buy an Alky setup.
And even though you could just turn down the boost and not run the Alky - I suppose if you leave it dry and don't run it - eventually it will have issues. So - you could remove it and probably make a few coins selling it - if it is a current model more or less.

You should post a location. There's a chance someone that knows these cars lives close by. You might be able to work out a swap and get your car detuned to a safe street mode and swap the alky kit or something. Since you don't want it, that might be a good way to keep the wallet shut!

Last edited:
Post a location. We'll be happy to help

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back