You can type here any text you want

Help With Kenne Bell Chip 90006HF

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

finishline

Can some one tell me what this chip needs, EG; injector size, turbo, and the characteristics of the chip, EG boost level, rev limiter ect.

Thanks in advance.

Kenne bell hot flash chip 19to20 psi boost.competion only,has automatic converter lock up yielding plus 2 or 3 mph.Fuel system must be upgraded although no mention of injector size,just pump,regulator and gauge.Richer at start up.Chip will run 4to 5 mph faster than than KB hi-low chip. Much better chips out there now.I would get one from turbo tweek designed for your present set up.Cheaper than head gaskets.Headaches

Thanks for your time. I looked all through my KB stuff and couldn't find that chip number. Found a few that were close. Close blows head gaskets and runs a car lean without the right injectors. Thanks again.

I believe that chip was one of KBs last.Along with catalog,I think that chip wasnt listed as others were.

GOOD question!

I've been running the KB hi/lo pro chip forever and had always kept the HF chip in the center console for fear that the timing seemed really slow and didnt feel as fast as the hi/lo pro chip. They're made for the 40lbs. red stripes I got from them YEARS ago. IF it helps KB # should still be 909-941-6646. But I would prolly agree that these chips are antiquated by now.

re:good question

Thanks for the injector size for this chip. The guy I bought the setup from was running the factory stock injectors with that chip. That's scary as hell. I think for now I'll just buy a stock chip. I'm just running the tomco green strip 30#ers.

finishline said:
Thanks for the injector size for this chip. The guy I bought the setup from was running the factory stock injectors with that chip. That's scary as hell. I think for now I'll just buy a stock chip. I'm just running the tomco green strip 30#ers.

I have quite a few chips. If you want to try one out, let me know. They are 93 octane chips. A few race chips.

EEP! just a sec...

finishline said:

Serves me right for posting so late and not rechecking my content...I have the EXACT 90006HF KB chip...BUT on the back of the chip next to the 90006HF is a penned in 3-40 meaning it was made for the 40lbs. i bought as a package deal from KB at the time....cant run 40lbs. inj. without the right chips right? take a peek and see if theres any other #'s written on the back of the chip. you might actually HAVE the right calibrations for stock inj. (car was bought with stock injectors u said? and now you're runnin 30#'s?).
Kinda feel weird finding we have the very same chip in question after over 10 years of purchase! lol. :P. Granted, back then I didnt have the GN1s, 218/218, or .o30s pistons...oh the horrors of sitting on my lazy a$$...man I got to catch up! Once i go 60#'s i'll call either Quad air or turbo tweak!

Back