You can type here any text you want

Help!!! won't start

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ron G

Hi guys, Old man, new here.
I've got an 87 Regal T that I bought awhile back. Moved it before winter, started and moved fine. After setting all winter (out side in Nebraska), it won't start now. Like I said i'm old don't know much about these newfangled devices. Anyway, Cranks fine, no fuel pump,(pump works if jumpered at relay), no signal to relay, and no voltage to injectors with noid light. Don't know where to go from here.
Appreciate any help some one can give.

Thanks, Ron

Hi guys, Old man, new here.
I've got an 87 Regal T that I bought awhile back. Moved it before winter, started and moved fine. After setting all winter (out side in Nebraska), it won't start now. Like I said i'm old don't know much about these newfangled devices. Anyway, Cranks fine, no fuel pump,(pump works if jumpered at relay), no signal to relay, and no voltage to injectors with noid light. Don't know where to go from here.
Appreciate any help some one can give.

Thanks, Ron
Ron the original crank sensors were a problem & without knowing more details & an educated guess you may try replacing that. When that sensor goes bad you lose the rpm signal to the ECU.

turbolou
Thanks. Is there any way to test the trigger?
I don't know any thing for sure about the car. Supposedly has a cam, rebuilt engine, balanced, chipped (stock in glove box), built trans. Was owned by person with $$$ who races nostalgia. Just guessing it's ok. My boy bought it from him, then needed money and sold it to me.
It's for sale so I guess I'll have to do whats necessary to fix. Need money for Bonneville car.
Ron

Bad crank sensor won't disable the fuel pump prime... check the ecm fuse and the connection of the little orange wire attached to the pos. batt terminal (power to ecm)...there's a connector a few inches from the batt terminal that can get loose/corroded sitting.... either of those will cause the symptoms you describe....:wink: COME ON LOU!!!:biggrin:

Does the check engine light come on when you turn the key on? Check the orange power lead to the computer coming off the battery.

Bad crank sensor won't disable the fuel pump prime... check the ecm fuse and the connection of the little orange wire attached to the pos. batt terminal (power to ecm)...there's a connector a few inches from the batt terminal that can get loose/corroded sitting.... either of those will cause the symptoms you describe....:wink: COME ON LOU!!!:biggrin:
OK let me give myself a shut up stupid.

Check engine light wasn't on. Checked orange wire was corroded. Check engine light came on, primed, started right up on 5 cylinders (noid light), shut off.
Even us old guys can learn something new. Now all I have to do is figure out a way to remember it.
Thanks a bunch to all who answered!!!
Ron

Check engine light wasn't on. Checked orange wire was corroded. Check engine light came on, primed, started right up on 5 cylinders (noid light), shut off.
Even us old guys can learn something new. Now all I have to do is figure out a way to remember it.
Thanks a bunch to all who answered!!!
Ron

Sorry for the double post. Showed loading several minutes, hit stop, resend.
Thanks again.

mine wont start

we just barely put a new motor and wiring harness in it and we had it running and then turned it off to tighten the EGR valve then we thought the timing was off and re adjusted it with this LED light tool and then it wont start now

Back