Help

86regal301

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Does anyone recognize this car. Was tuned in Covington GA sold to a dealer in Va. I just bought last weekend tryin to get some background on it.

View attachment 276725 View attachment 276724 Does anyone recognize this car. Was tuned in Covington GA sold to a dealer in Va. I just bought last weekend tryin to get some background on it.
I don't know the car on a personal level. But it looks like it's got more than a few upgrades. Maybe enough to go fast with a good tune.

But you need to clean up the sloppiness a little. And I'm sure when you do, you may find all the little stuff that needs some TLC.

I don't know the car on a personal level. But it looks like it's got more than a few upgrades. Maybe enough to go fast with a good tune.

But you need to clean up the sloppiness a little. And I'm sure when you do, you may find all the little stuff that needs some TLC.
Yes definitely needs a little work. wiring throughout the car is a mess though. Hopefully get it fixed up rather quick and have some fun

Thanks I appreciate it. Definitely badass looking car. Just wish I knew a little bit more about it
Before you do anything, take a lot of pictures, and ask a lot of questions. If your new to these cars you have quiet a learning curve ahead of you.

We can help.

Looks nice, I'm also on the learning curve but I'm in good hands with the few I found.

Before you do anything, take a lot of pictures, and ask a lot of questions. If your new to these cars you have quiet a learning curve ahead of you.

We can help.
Yes I do. And I appreciate it. Seems you guys are very willing to help each other
Good group of guys!

Yes I do. And I appreciate it. Seems you guys are very willing to help each other
Good group of guys!
You were correct in trying to find out the "where and who" about this car. Don't stop your search.

Judging by the photo, a "mechanic" can't work on this car. Don't take it to one. And don't believe otherwise. It needs someone with a lot more know-how.

Where are you located maybe your close enough for a member if willing and know what there doing to look at it give some advice .

Where are you located maybe your close enough for a member if willing and know what there doing to look at it give some advice .
Name says it all.

NY Twin Turbo.

I don't really work on anyone's car but mine. I give general advise to all who ask me about my experience. Unfortunately, my experience, however extensive it may be, has only been acquired from the work I have done on only one car. Mine.:)

And most would be better served by someone with the combined knowledge of working on hundreds of TR's.

You were correct in trying to find out the "where and who" about this car. Don't stop your search.

Judging by the photo, a "mechanic" can't work on this car. Don't take it to one. And don't believe otherwise. It needs someone with a lot more know-how.
Yea seems like previous owner kinda just ripped out scanmaster and knock sensor i don't know why. But there is a shop here in Maryland Anderson performance I guess he is pretty good with turbo buicks going to have him take a look at it first.

Yea seems like previous owner kinda just ripped out scanmaster and knock sensor i don't know why. But there is a shop here in Maryland Anderson performance I guess he is pretty good with turbo buicks going to have him take a look at it first.
Because this car doesn't have a factory computer. It has an XFI or some other speed density system.

Yea I saw it has a Fast XFI. hopefully doesn't need too much I'm think scanmaster knock sensor a tune and clean up this half as wiring job
Get a laptop or tablet. You no longer need a Scanmaster. You can use it as sort of a gauge. But, well um, just not needed anymore.

Knock sensor is OK to have. But you may not use the spark retard function on the XFI anyway.