You can type here any text you want

Here is a good one for you guys!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Camfreek

Thanks Rob!!!
1984 T Type. Pretty much stock and when I bought it, it is supposed to be all original. I figure the car has around 90,000 on it cuase I am having problems with the dash cluster, but that is another story. Car has a walboro 340 pump, and hotwired, has a Bosch 237 regulator and 2 1/2 exhuast oh yeah and a cold air intake. I have great oil presure and engine sounded tight as can be. Well it started blowing oil out the exhuast and it still had plenty of power I drive back to the shop and poped the hood and the turbo was bright orange:eek: I am suprised the car did not go up in flames, as of now it is making a good ticking noise and it squels at the same time. I took of all the belts and it does really squel when it is running. It is coming from the drivers side of the motor so I poped of the valve cover to check out the rocker arms and the valve cover bolts were so loose it scared me. I also noticed the car has new head gaskets and intake gasket as well:mad: So I know it has been apart before. I also noticed the spark plugs are so sirty from what looks like a rich condition!!! How can that be:confused: I don't know where to start or if I should just pull it and go thru it all at one time. What do you guys think about it. I more or less worried about the squeling noise:D

Pull it! Only way to properly check everything 100% I assume this is not a daily driver? If so, then that sucks!! Otherwise take your time & do whats needed.

Thats what I was thinking.....

Not really a daily driver bu it is so nice outside and such a nice car I can't help but drive it dailly:rolleyes: I was thinking about just pulling it anyways, talking to the wife and for some strange reason, she does not mind if I pull it, wierd. I usually try to hide when I blow up a motor:biggrin: I figure it this way, if I pull it out and check it all over I can make sure what has really been done under the hood and I have no one to blame but myself:eek: I was told it was all original and can't seem to figure why the gaskets look so new:confused: Damn it now I can't drive it for a few days I feel withdraws coming on:mad:

Pull it!!!!!!!!!!

I would deff pull it, this way you can salvage parts before going to far. My cam wiped a lobe a few months back I prettyy much caught it right as it started making noise in the driveway. I had some people say just to pop a new cam in it and let it ride. Well I did not like that idea so I pulled, fortunately I found some scaring in a main and rod bearing. Nothing real bad the crank was fine but I dont know how long it would have lived if I left it. Once I got it stripped down I saw that the front cam bearing looked like sh*t.

I am pretty much doing a complete rebuild with the exception of new rings, the engine only has a few thousand miles on it. I have been waiting on the Government check that I just got this week. I am ordering my roller cam this week and building it next weekend.

I am glad I pulled the engine now, I saved the crank from scaring and potentilay screwing another engine had I not.

PULL IT....go through it....if everything looks good then you are only out a few bucks for gaskets and your time.

Back