Hesitation off idle?

bigdaddytodd

I am having some hesitation as soon as I take off from a stop. I'm talking about very easy ( Granny Buford) acceleration. It's just when I initally give it a little gas, it feels like a little miss, and then it goes away. I know somebody has had this issue. I'm trying to save a little time on the diognostic side. Thanks for the input.

What chip are you running? My car had the same problem' and I checked for everything possible with no luck. Then I put in a turbotweak chip and it fixed everything.

The only time Ive had that exact problem, my cam sensor needed to be advanced a tad. It cleared it right up. Theoretically, advancing or retarding it should make no difference, but for some reason it does. Many people have experienced the same results from rotating it.

Look for a lean condition. Check all your vacume hoses, TB shaft seals, leaking intake manifold, ect. If your still using the stock style flex hose between the MAF and turbo, look for pin holes, or loose clamps. Inspect any area that could introduce air post MAF. Brian

try checking the maf itself as well. swap it with a good gm unit if you can. i had a very similar problem and cured it by moving to an lt1 maf, but a good stock delco maf will do the same.