You can type here any text you want

Hessitation on the stomp

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LIL6cyl

:( When I stomp on the gas it will hessitate. It just started today. I am running 100 octane low lead, and today was the first time I have ran this fuel. Could this be the cause???? I was going to run tomarow,,,,,, but I won't if I can"t fix this problem. any help would be great!! Bryan

LIL6cyl said:
thanks for that,, I did play with it but it didn't really help.

Were you able to fix this issue?

I had the same issue and HighPSI is right. You need to adjust the two TPS fields. The one that isn't time dependant but has o% throttle and then extends out to like 80% along the horizontal axis. What do you have the 0% fuel increase set for?

Additionally when you stomp it are you going rich or lean, I would run a log and this will tell you which direction you need to adjust the aforementioned field.

Additionally how good is your VE table, meaning what kind of correction are you seeing o2%? You don't want this to be any higher than 3-5% The less the EMS has to do in a corrective function the more accurately and responsive it will be, just my 02cents.

HighPSI said:
Try playing with the AE Fuel vs TPS Rate of Change

Cal,

How much does this change do when compared with the MAP rate of change table? I have a similar problem on my 396 at part throttle "stomps" but not at full throttle. I have slowly started lowering the TPS and MAP tables, but it's still rich and bogging occasionally on these. Should I be concentrating on the TPS rate of change rather than MAP?

Thanks,

Ron

Ron,
The Map rate of change seems to be more effective on naturally aspirated combinations. On naturally aspirated engines, you can better take advantage of ALL the AE tables. IME, the turbo cars tend to rely more on the TPS AE & the VE tables with tip in stumbles

Back