You can type here any text you want

Hey bison i need your help!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
u mentioned using a yellow spring on the stock pump, where do i get 1 from?? Yeah that cracked gear in the video sucks, id be pissed lol!!

u mentioned using a yellow spring on the stock pump, where do i get 1 from?? Yeah that cracked gear in the video sucks, id be pissed lol!!
You can pickup a oil pump kit at any auto store. There 16-18 bucks.
Comes with new gears.springs.gaskets.and spring keeper.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

What bolts are u using. ?? Arp bolts or studs
Are u using 30w oil or apr lube.

Attachments

• 1370902637927.jpg
    1370902637927.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 84
cool thanks, what could i do to make the stock oil pump put out a little more psi? is a stiffer spring or an extra washer to shim it over a hair an 0ption?

A 'biggie oil filter kit' will get you a few PSI across the board. If you want to raise your upper RPM pressure you can shim the stock spring or install a stiffer one. The best thing to do if you have the cover off is to take it apart, do a couple flow mods, port it, hand lap the filter adapter, set the end clearances and put it back together.

And whatever you do, you DO NOT have to have those longer gears.

thanks for the pic cobra, thats what i needed!! earl i do already have the biggie set up but the cover is stil in place

Try 15w40 rotella. I've run it for 10 years. No need for zddp additive. Flat tapped camed motor it will bump up your oil pressure
My roller motor I use 10w30 synthetic with a bottle of stp blue (aka zddp)

i ended up with the 980 springs, gonna leave oil pump set up alone i guess.. It does have a dbl roller already installed.

i'll try that oil, any good advice on a specific oil filter? Im using the rjc biggie set up with a purolator..

Back