You can type here any text you want

HG choice.. Aluminum heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fatride

Looking to see which head Gasket to run on Aluminum M&A's. The block is not fresh so I don't want to go Cometics... Do I go with Felpro 1000's or the 1026's since the heads are aluminum?
Thanks in advance..

Felpro 1026's are designed with a pre flattened copper ring and are made for aluminum heads. 1000's have a steel ring and are for iron heads. The bore size on the 1000's is 4.020. The bore size on the 1026's is 4.090. Others may have other opinions, and may have used other brands of gaskets with aluminum heads with good results, but this is what Felpro says for their gaskets. I use the 1026's with Champion GN1's and really like them. I used Cometics before and my coolant kept disapearing, probably because my block was not smooth enough on that build.

Thanks guys. Will I be ok to run the 1026's at a 4.090 bore on a std. bore 109 block?

On a stock block I'd suggest using the 9441's. If it were a Stage II application I've used both the 1000's and the 1026 gaskets. With an aluminum head the 1000 gasket is technically not correct for the aplication but they work fine. What you will see is an impression from the flame ring on the head surface at disassembly due to the stainless wire.

Neal

I've been using the Fel-Pro pt9441 head gaskets with my stock block and GN1 aluminum heads for going on 5 years on my last engine build. I don't race it at the track but i do run 21 psi on the street and that is my set limit for what is needed.

I've been using the Fel-Pro pt9441 head gaskets with my stock block and GN1 aluminum heads for going on 5 years on my last engine build. I don't race it at the track but i do run 21 psi on the street and that is my set limit for what is needed.
What is the bore size of the 9441's? I mocked up an old Victor HG to the head and the fire ring was right on the edge of combustion chamber of the head..

Back