You can type here any text you want

Hi-Flow Cat.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6-Sauce

Hi, Can anyone recommend a good hi-flow cat...besides the factory sytle cat. gbodyparts.com they have a less restrictive cat is this one pretty good. I would rather not use a test or dump pipe. Any suggestion's would be appreicated.

I think I have one that's got almost no miles on it. I live in a non emission state so I took it off when I bought the car. I'll look when I'm back home if ya want.

My suggestion would be ditch the cat lol I did awhile ago and just buy a cheap one and throw it on before u smog

Buy a dump pipe and you would be amazed on how fast your turbo spools

Thx for the replying fellas, I knew somebody was going to say gut the cat. Which is quieter a dump pipe or test pipe?

Thx for the replying fellas, I knew somebody was going to say gut the cat. Which is quieter a dump pipe or test pipe?
Test pipe is quieter , if you get the right mufflers you wont even hear that their is a test pipe opposed to a cat... Dumps open are loud..

This is going to be sacrilege, but a working cat ended being a good thing for me. Of course I need a functioning one in the state I live, but more than that my wife's eyes water uncontrollably around strong gas fumes. She can't tell I've taken the car out now. I didn't notice much of a drop in performance - maybe with a ported elbow or 3+" downpipe I'd notice more.

Test pipe is quieter , if you get the right mufflers you wont even hear that their is a test pipe opposed to a cat... Dumps open are loud..

I have the 2.5" hooker dual exhaust with I think the aero-chamber mufflers

Here's my suggestion.....Random Technologies makes a great product. Stainless Steel Hi Flow metal matrix cat convertors....flows CFM like an open pipe ,yet functions as required. Just weld on your 4 bolt flange and your off to the races.

http://www.randomtechnology.com/buick.html

Random Tech. has them with the flange on them, it says to call them for the part number.

You need to know if you want 2.5" or 3" pipes , and make sure you get the length from them to make sure it will fit with your downpipe/exhaust setup.

I have one from around 2003 in 3" I can measure the length if you need it, dunno if they are made the same now.....

I believe my metal matrix cat is 12 3/4" OAL. Depending on what down pipe you have will determine the cats' overall length. I'm running a 3" THDP on my car.

I had this a few years ago....... 003.jpg

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 106
I had this a few years ago....... View attachment 248500

ok fellas I have a stock downpipe. Thx for everybody's replys....ok looks good, So use a test pipe. Keep my old stock cat's shell, stick the test pipe through it. Nice pics dude, That's craftsmenship. Looks perfectly stock, and enjoy the extra flow.;)

Last edited:
Random Tech, I didn't call...What do they charge for the cat.....

Last edited:
ok fellas I have a stock downpipe. Thx for everybody's replys....ok looks good, So use a test pipe. Keep my old stock cat's shell, stick the test pipe through it. Nice pics dude, That's craftsmenship. Looks perfectly stock, and enjoy the extra flow.;)

Hmmm.....If you're set on going this route then maybe you should take a look at these. It's pretty much a straight test pipe, but has an outer casing / shield that doesn't appear modified. Figure out the OAL you need & then have a muffler shop weld on a 4 bolt flange . For $39 your not into it for too much $

http://www.frozenboost.com/dsm-intercooler-piping/catalytic-converter-p-320.html

non catalytic converter.jpg

Back