You can type here any text you want

Hi Im new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VKREGAL

Im 14 years old, I have an 84 regal with a carburetor. I read these forums alot and my cousin Chris Kokonis said it would be a real good idea to become a member. I am rounding up the parts to build my car. I hope to have done by next summer because i will be driving to school next year. I have an edelbrock 4 barrel intake and carb. Im getting an edelbrock cam, headers, a gn posi rear, and one of my cousins 2004r trannies.

Thanks

Sounds like you are really smart ! Good luck on your build and you are in the right place to have all your questions answered ! ;)

In my opinion an 8.5 out of a gn would be overkill. Just start searchin for g body rears until you find something over the crap 2.14 grears. I wouldn't worry about it being a posi, it isn't like you have a turbo:biggrin: A v8 car should have something decent. the 200 overdrive would be a good idea. Don't have to be brf tranny. From what I've gathered pacesetter headers and replacing the 2bbl intake and carb with something different wakes the little buck up. Sometimes you can find the headers used with the o2 bung already on. As far as heads and cam go that is your decision what you want to do. Headwork is expensive. I've heard mixed reviews on cams for the 3.8.
I was going to do a different muffler, 4bbl intake and carb, shift kit, electric fan, and build a cold air/ ram air snorkel setup on my 87 limited, but I got too many cars so its either getting sold or put in storage for a much later project. Don't get too crazy on exhaust. 2 inch should be plenty with a good muffler.

Back