You can type here any text you want

Hi / Low Boost setting on Greddy EBC

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1BADDAM

Venomous Snake Handler
Wanted to utilize the hi/low boost setting on the controller, but didn't want to pay $100+ for the remote switch. $ 2.89 solution.

Wasn't using the cruise anyway, K&N sits there. Just thought I'd share for those that have this unit, I know there are a few.

hi.jpg

How did you hook up to the Greedy??????????????

can be a little more specfic about what you did??

thanks JD:confused:

What boost controller do you run? profec? Any pics of the install?

Thanks Jason

I have the Greddy Profec B spec II. This can be done with the Profec E-01 as well.

Basically, took some audio wire, anything that uses a standard 1/8" audio / plug jack will work, headphone set, etc. Cut & stripped the leads opposing the audio jack and tac soldered them to the pin connector coming from the turn signal lever.

On the TTA, (should be the same for GN) find the thin flat black shielded cable at the base of the turn signal lever at the steering column, then find the same cable at the base of the steering column just under the dash and disconnect it from its' connector. You'll have a spade type connector that has 4 pins (looks like two). Tac solder one audio jack lead to one pin and the other lead to the adjacent one. Then tac solder a jumper wire ( I used extra audio wire ~26 awg) from the left front pin to the back left pin and do the same for the right. Elec. tape or shrink wrap connection........plug in to controller, put cruise in off position and you're done.

Here's what the spade connector looks like, not he greatest pic but you get the idea. Might be able to use two large female spade crimp connectors, instead of soldering, but I used what I had and don't know it they would work anyway.

feedf23b93.jpg

The cruise saves me from being in Jail. On the way to the track I just crack open th windows.. open the cutout.. and listen to that music cruising at 2400 RPM's :D

Nothing like the smooth whistle of a 71GTQ and a roller cam ;)

Thanks.

Cruise ? Where ? Coming back in the return lane to the pits.;)

No way can a mid 10 sec. TTA on pump gas be streetable.:biggrin:

YEAH WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I run 10.80's and drive the car to St.Pete and back to Englewood at least once a month to a car show , about 140 miles round trip and the cruise is set at 75 and the A/C is cranking!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

Back