You can type here any text you want

Hidden Wiring

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

72firebird

I got bored the other day and got to looking at the sloppy wiring of the TTA. So I started hiding some of the wiring on the passenger side. I'm not completely done yet and the wires will sit a little bit farther from the header once I'm done. The comparison pictures are from Jason (Quicky One) and the red wire is just for his amp. Please excuse the mess I'm working on some cleaning of the intake and the rest of the motor right now.

First the stock pictures. Notice the harness hooking up to the AC and the main harness running over the top of the AC unit.
gallery_107_41_102740.jpg

gallery_107_41_354440.jpg

Here's an overall look
gallery_107_41_485734.jpg

showing off that firewall
gallery_107_41_278564.jpg

the space between the header, once I pull them a little tight and ziptie them I'll have some pretty decent clearance but I plan on doing something else just in case.
gallery_107_41_414599.jpg

this is a hole by the battery, the harness that ran up along the fender now comes out this hole
gallery_107_41_63899.jpg

You can see where the harnesses enter the inner fender here. Originally only one the main harness ran through the hole but I added the one that goes up by the battery. I'll run it between the steel fender and the plastic inner fender . This has been done by quite a few LS1 guys without any problems, there are no connections in this section so it's just wireloomed wires.
gallery_107_41_340235.jpg

And one last overall picture, sorry it's a little dark I was having a hard time getting good lighting.
gallery_107_41_47898.jpg

Once I get some wax on there it'll shine up a little under the hood shock support and everything. Overall it has taken me about 6 hours of on and off work to unhook and run everything.

j13smiley said:
very nice! i may have to do that!

yes - us ls1 guys do that a lot ;)

well it's about as fun as the LS1 harness to do too, but NO DRILLING. You have to take the look off the wires and slide them under the AC unit and then put all the wires back in the loom. Sounds easy but it's a lot more difficult when working in the tight space.

Wow that first car is sharp looking....little dusty from sitting ;) Your wiring looks great. Almost makes me want to spend 6 hours to do it. How are you going to keep the wiring off the DP?

Jason

Looks GREAT!

One big question though - How hard is it to take off the Fender?? Is it just the Bolts on top and in the Fender well? Any Gotcha's??

TClassic said:
Looks GREAT!

One big question though - How hard is it to take off the Fender?? Is it just the Bolts on top and in the Fender well? Any Gotcha's??

it's like 4 bolts and then there's those plastic clips. You're not going to be able to pull the plastic clips out without messing them up so I picked some up from the dealership for $0.45 a piece and there's 10 on each side of the car. With mine the hole in the plastic inner fender for the clips just kind of stretched around them. It wasn't too hard but you have to be pretty careful.

Thanks.....with these low mileage cars you never know when the Antenna's gonna give up the ghost and if so, OFF comes the passenger fender!

TClassic said:
Thanks.....with these low mileage cars you never know when the Antenna's gonna give up the ghost and if so, OFF comes the passenger fender!

HAHA funny you mention that, that's why I had the inner fender off in the first place. Then I just decided to redo the wiring while I was there.

Back