You can type here any text you want

high blm's @ cruise

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vitaman2

cruising @ different speeds w/a non-lock up converter my blms are 138-146(more 146) but @ idle blms are 126-128, is my cruise blms consider normal?

whos chip you running,what injectors,any mods done to the car. 146 is pretty high and thats probably cell 15.

running translator w/extender chip, LT1 3" mass air, msd 50's w/te-44,& Jjackson throttle body, & egr in lower intake is button-up, rest of motor is stock

i dont know much about the trnslator, arent there diffrent settings on that.i had this problem a while ago when i added a cold air intake.could be a bad connection in youre intake pipes before the maf.do a search on high blms and you will find information on the translator settings. i remember seeing a lot of posts on that.someone else will probably chime in here.:D

I had high blm's (150+ @ idle)found that I didn't have a gasket between throttle body & plenum also the vaccum block(on top of plenum)was leaking,fixed both of them & blms went down to 126-128. The translator is set @base=10% rich, wot=12%rich

look in computer chips 101, there is a post in there about high blms at cruis. thats probably youre problem.search high blms at cruise and you will see it. hth:D

blm's are 128@wot, i changed my translator base from +10% rich to neutral(0) thinking my cruise blms would come down, but it didn't-my idle blm's went to 140's +

I wouldn't get too concerned about it. As long as the BLM has not hit its upper limit (probably 150 or 160), the fuel mixture is exactly correct (as long as the O2 sensor is right). Its still under the ECM's control.

Regards,
Eric

Originally posted by vitaman2
blm's are 128@wot, i changed my translator base from +10% rich to neutral(0) thinking my cruise blms would come down, but it didn't-my idle blm's went to 140's +

You made it worse by leaning it out when you changed the trans settings. High BLMs means its lean not rich. Go back to your previous settings, maybe slightly richer and see how it goes. TurboBob is the man with the Translator if you have any q's

I dunno if having the egr blocked off can cuase a blm problem at cruise. And my understanding is there is code thats done to the chips when the egr is blocked off.. Since your idle BLM's are there.. my hunch is egr/chip.

BTW.. HAPPY NEW YEAR :D

I can swap out the MAF for a stock one and run a regular chip and see what happens? This would isolate a lot. Just a thought.

My BLM's are really low (rich) at highway cruise. Usually 112-120. They bounce around a little though, and this is using a Thrasher 92.

Back