You can type here any text you want

High IAC counts, why? XFI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jdpolzin

Well I'm trying to figure this wierd idle out. When I first installed the system, I had very low IAC counts, I did adjust thhe green line to see if the idle changed and it did, well it never corrected until I finally just swapped the IAC motor for another. All was good. Now that I have driven the car a couple times, it wants to jump around at idle up and down. I have adjusted Basr VE tables but I think my problem has something to do with the IAC. It jumps between 95 and 125. I have the line all the way to "0" and "0" TPS and it doesnt bring the counts down. If I bring the line up to 130, all the way up, it idles smoother but with obvious high IAC counts. Any ideas? I also need help getting the AC to work. Thanks guys! ------Jeremy

i'm kinda new at this stuff (fast/ xfi) so if im wrong i'm sure i'll be corrected

base iac sets the same as you would without xfi , open or close the throttle door with the throttle stop screw
high iac ...door is top close to closed so it needs to be opened up and let some air in (turn throttle stop screw in )

it should idle at 15-20 iac counts (13.0 AF at 28*), if o2 correction is way out adjust the ve
once its close i find it easier to turn off closed loop and adjust ve cells at and around bubble to get the 13.0 af in park and then a little more ve in the cells above for when you drop into gear

Dumb question, but did you possibly put the gasket on wrong and block the holes? I put XFI on a car and had hell trying to figure out why the idle counts would always change. Some days it was good, some days off the graph. It was driving me nuts. So I took off the housing to check it out, and sure enough, he put the gasket on wrong when putting an angle boss on it. Sometime problems like that are so simple you discount them, but.......

OK I will play with the idle screw some. I should also add that the car runs on E85 so I think my A/F will be a little lower than 13, maybe around 10.5?

I am pretty sure I put the gasket on right. I will check if I cant get it adjusted otherwise though, thanks!

never hurts to check the mounting screws and gasket
i had one situation nothing seemed to help ...Iac would start high and slowly sink and bottom to at zero , restart and it would start at zero and climb back over 180 and stay there , thought the box was bad , tried another iac solenoid and same issue , turned out the angle adapter was installed with only three screws , the one directly above the solenoid (that cant be done with solenoid installed )was left out and the gasket was blown.

Well I adjusted the throttle screw and let it idle for a while in the garage. Basically adjusted it until the TPS setting was at "0" in yellow instead of red. Seemed to work, the car idled for about 10 minutes and seemed to idle well. We'll see how it goes after I drive it for a while. Thank you again for your help!

Jeremy, you don't want to adjust it to the TPS%, you should adjust it to how far the IAC is open. This can be seen on the "View/Idle Functions/Throttle Follower" screen

Ok, so if I'm understanding this correctly, on the "throttle follower" chart, far left was set at "0" on your start up program and I bumped it up to 30. The actuall IAC was bouncing around from 95 to 120. I adjusted the screw until the actual IAC was at 30, which was TPS "0" in yellow. Sound right?

Somewhat correct :biggrin: I would lower the line back down to zero, open the throttle blade to get the IAC opening a little lower (but not all the way down), and then rescale the TPS sensor

yup what cal said...i just went thru this on my car
i am also on the corn
throttle follower 0 for the first 2 increments
i opened blade until i was in the 15-20 target iac range
this was full warmed in park
then youll have tons of adj adjust ability left for in gear and the rpm bump for when a/c turns on
i could do a screen copy of the follower if ya like if your car is similar to mine if ya like
car runs like a dream now

also my afr at idle is mid to upper nines any leaner that that and it gets choppy

-dan

Back