High knock numbers when shifting

mjs

I have a problem with very high knock numbers when the car downshifts, if I start from a dead stop and accelerate wide open throttle I notice that I pick up about 2 degrees on knock on my scanmaster with about 16lbs of boost on 94 octane gas. I have both poly motor mounts and new exhaust system that is not hitting anywhere along with a front mount intercooler,ta60,55lb injectors and my fuel pressure is set with vacuum line off at 44lbs. When I am driving on the freeway around 55 mph and floor it I see the scanmaster read 39.8 degrees of knock all the time and my 02 counts when I check are usually around 820. I check the timing in my red armstrong chip and it is set at 21 degrees. Does anyone have any ideas on what else to check and is this hogh knock number false knock and will I damage my head gaskets. Thank You

If it's only at the shifts, then most likely false knock esp being that high. Double check the downpipe / exhaust system & take a look at your tranny mount. What is your boost set at? To rule out real knock, put some race gas or xylene brew in & if the knock goes away it's real. :)

Doug C.

I also have an alcohol injection kit from smc and the knock numbers do not change when I turn it on, I checked my down pipe and it is not hitting the frame or heater box the transmission mount is about 6 months old do you think it could of gone bad.

Drain your tank. Put is 5 or 10 gallons of C16 and have at it. If it still knocks at least you know it isn't octane...