You can type here any text you want

High pitched whine under boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87GNcospg

Send your Donations
when the TTA goes under full throttle i can hear a loud whine coming from somewhere. not sure if it is under the hood or in the dash. it gets louder with more boost and becomes a constant whine after 8-10lbs. i was looking at the air filter and it looks like it has been crushed or something before. could the filter be collapsing under boost? i checked to see if the turbo had any shaft play. hoping that the wheels werent hitting the housings. there is no shaft play.

anyone else have this sound? what else can i check for?

Sounds like you have a leak somewhere between the turbo and throttle body, check your hose clamps.

You know, I just developed the same thing in the last week or so. It's NOT normal turbo whistle. It's whistle plus some weird whine.

I will check the clamps, but if you find what it is, PLEASE post!!!

Michael

i checked the clamps took the hoses off to look for maybe a cut or something in them. everything looked good. i have no clue what it could be :confused:

I had one of these a couple years back, turned out the plenum gasket surface to intake was not milled perfectly flat. It held vacuum well enough, but under boost it leaked.

Back