You can type here any text you want

High VE for idle?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Not a 350

I am tuning a friend's car and am finding very high VE numbers in order to find reach my target A/F ratio. I'm seeing 78 at idle and >100 in some part throttle areas.

What could the problem be? As far as I know, all of the base fuel calc parameters are correct.

Also, under the DOS version of C-com, I can't set VE higher than 150. Is there a restriction in the DOS version?

Thanks,
-Aaron

Sounds like the inj size number is incorrect, either because the wrong size is entered or the fuel pressure is not ~ 3 bar.

TurboTR

Could be the injector opening time. If the car is operating on a 12 volt system, I usually set it at 1.0ms

The injectors are 72#. If the VE is higher then it should be, thus adding fuel, that means that these injectors may not be true 72# injectors then?

The fuel pressure is at 43.5 psi with the vacuum hose off and the injector opening time is 1.0ms

Thanks,
-Aaron

We put in a known set of 83# injectors, double checked the MAF and fuel pressure, and retuned the car. Now it wants to idle at 95 VE. The exhaust smells fine and the car idles smooth so I don't think it is a bad O2 or anything like that. If I lower the VE the car goes lean quick and dies around 75 VE.

The FAST calculates fuel from the following, right?

VE
CID
# of cylinders
Injector size
MAP

I have checked them all and it is still running weird. I even loaded a tune from another car to make sure there wasn't some hidden value mucking things up. What is going on?

The car idles at 51 VE when I doubled the CID in the FAST, but I don't want to band-aid the tune like that. Please help.

-Aaron

Back