You can type here any text you want

Higher Octane w/ TT Street Chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I currently run a v5.6 TT chip burned for 94 octane. I run ~17 psi with occasional small amounts of knock (1 degree or so). If I want to run higher octane, say 100 unleaded, or a mix of 100 and 94, can I run my street chip but increase the timing and fueling to compliment for the added boost? What is a good target timing/fuel/boost combination to start with for ~97 octane? How about 100 octane?

You can run 116 octane with a street chip. Its a waste but you can.

If you increase the timing.. you will need higher octane. How much.. every car is different.

Typically a 93/94 chip is 18-20 degree's timing at WOT. A 100 chip is 23-25 degree's.. and a race gas chip is 25-27 degree's.

HTH

I guess my real question was:

Can I adjust the timing and fuel on my street chip to work well with added boost on higher octane, or am I better off buying a new chip burned specifically for the higher boost and octane?

Are you saying making adjustments in timing and fuel to a chip with base values intended for lower octane is a waste, or running higher octane, turning up the boost while making no adjustments to the chip is a waste?

very good questions, im running a street chip with 15% more fuel thru 1st gear but getting ready to run 110 octane in it. so do i up the timing and fuel also? im going to run about 22-24 lbs of boost....

If I want to run higher octane, say 100 unleaded, or a mix of 100 and 94, can I run my street chip but increase the timing and fueling to compliment for the added boost? What is a good target timing/fuel/boost combination to start with for ~97 octane? How about 100 octane?

Yes, you can do that. Watch your O2's and knock, and adjust accordingly. You can typically run around 23/21 degrees and 22-23psi on 100 octane. Start by adding 10% fuel and go from there. Creep up on the boost.

Eric

Back