You can type here any text you want

Highest HP Number on Buick v-6?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
I have seen over 1500hp on Duttweiler's Dyno.
If I remember Rob Luman's motor made 1530 about 5 years ago.
Does anyone else have any numbers to throw out?

John, I don't have any #'s to throw out, but I'd like to know what kind of HP Buddy Ingersoll was making with his twin turbo mechanical fuel injected Buick V6 and I also wonder what kind of HP Bill Anderson is making with his big single turbo Buick V6 (wonder if Bill ever dynoed his motor before putting it in the car??).........

Pete Barton ANS?

Pete Barton built a twin 70mm motor. He was shooting for 1500 plus. Does anyone know what that made.

PTE- "from what I have been told" does not have a dyno so some of their top shelf stuff may not have any figures.

I wonder what Duttweiler's personal motor actually made?

I think I found a winner

I spoke to Nick at Duttweiler's and it looks like
1605HP is the highest so far.

I will get the owner's name this afternoon.

high HP

Kent Rudbecks car makes more than 1600 easy... he is probably close to actually getting 1500 to the rear wheels. His car is by far the most impressive outlaw car I have seen in a while as well as one of the most bad a$$ed regals in existance..

My car might make 1500 with the new turbos and current tune. might being the key word - we have been 5.teens in the 1/8th more than a few times and still haven't gotten the clutch to lock up in high gear - this was with limp motor and small 63s...

I have stepped it up a little in the turbo department since my last outing...

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

Scott,

I have not seen info on Kent's car in a long time.
Is he still running it?

I am glad to hear that you are working out the bugs on your car.
I hope to see you in the 4s real soon. What turbos did you upgrade to? Are you still running a 10.5W Tire???
Any chance of you going to orlando?

I had no idea Kent Rudbeck was making so much power:eek:

Anybody ever heard of Gary Lee of Gary Lee Racing??

Gary Lee: Twin turbo V6 274 CI
2750 lbs 7.57 @ 181+ mph

He was making some serious power..........

I know of gary lee.
It sounds like he split to florida still needing to pay some people up north.

I also know that one hot potato from this board has that motor and is building a 2500lbs chassis to put it in!!!

Guess Gary didn't have any money left after spending it on his 7 second car:eek:

2500lbs and that motor sounds like a good idea to me:D

Our twin car made 1150 rwhp with 63 q's,TH400 trans a few years ago. We are going to step it up over the winter to a couple of PT 70 GT q's. Maybe we can squeek out 1200 rwhp:D

Dave Bamford

Eric Rankin loves to tell the story when a few years back he took his car to a shop with a new dyno and after the import crowd posted a best of about 600 hp from a Supra, I think, he pegged the dyno at 1200 hp from about 3000 rpm to his engine redline :-). All the monitor said was "mechanical limits of dyno exceeded" :-).

As for Gary Lee, if he weighed 175 lbs and the 2750 lbs was car only, so the total was 2925 lbs going down the track, a 7.57 takes about 1330 rwhp - yikes!

Originally posted by ijames
Eric Rankin loves to tell the story when a few years back he took his car to a shop with a new dyno and after the import crowd posted a best of about 600 hp from a Supra, I think, he pegged the dyno at 1200 hp from about 3000 rpm to his engine redline :-). All the monitor said was "mechanical limits of dyno exceeded" :-).
Yes but sadly that motor is no more after Labor Day at E-Town. It was my absolute favorite ugly motor! I aspire for my motor to be that ugly!

What happened Labor Day? I was there Sunday and didn't see Eric or hear anything about him. It was the only twelve plug stage II I ever saw - interesting to see that second DIS ignitioni module on the firewall.

Originally posted by ijames
What happened Labor Day? I was there Sunday and didn't see Eric or hear anything about him. It was the only twelve plug stage II I ever saw - interesting to see that second DIS ignitioni module on the firewall.
He stopped running 2 plugs per cylinder about 3 years ago, just too much of a hassle. He windowed the block above the starter on Saturday. I was behind him in the water box when it happened. Car finally hooked straight but then let loose and had flames coming out the side of the car when the oil hit the exhaust. Took them about a half hour to clean up and pickup all the pieces of block and stuff from the track. It was so hot I thought I was going to pass out while I waited to run. Shame cause it was probably one of the best looking cars there on Saturday! They had painted it a awesome red and put in a pro stock cage. Don't know how long before Eric has another motor built.

last I heard

Kent has a full tube regal and the plan is for a TTSBC - I heard he had gone 4.7 in the 1/8th with the old car but there was some issues with the mph...

4.7 at 3K lbs on a 10.5w (per OSCA rules) no doubt in my mind he has one of the fastest.

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

Speaking of Gary Lee! If anyone in the Florida area knows where he is I'd sure like to know. You guys can figure out why. Thanks

Back