HKS Turbo Timer Install?

motorhead

motorhead mike
Has anyone else ever installed one of these?

I purchased a Type 1 unit while I was away in Detroit this past weekend. Basically you just hardwire it into various pin outs in the ECM.

Does someone have a link to the 86-87 ECM pin outs?

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,

Which turbo timer do you have? The ones I have been installing have no wires that goes to the ecm. HKS or the vendor should have a technical number you can call if you need which wire to tap to the ecm.

Originally posted by TurboV6
Which turbo timer do you have? The ones I have been installing have no wires that goes to the ecm. HKS or the vendor should have a technical number you can call if you need which wire to tap to the ecm.

The TT is made by HKS they are "japanese" company and this is more than just a timed idleing device. What it is, is a measurement & metering computer. It takes value read outs from the ECM and calculates "cool down time" based on driving style. It also does G-tech type crap too, but I could care less for those functions. I feel that this was a warranted purchase especially if I am "road racing" the car. It also has a "stop watch" function for keeping track of lap times.

I found the pinouts for the 86-87 ECM at GNTTYPE.org so this should be a very straight forward install.

Some quotes:
"HKS’ all new Turbo Timer Type-0 and Type-1 carry over many of the popular features from the previous HKS units, including multiple preset times, audible alarms, up and down control buttons, power and memory buttons, and an easy to read back-lit digital display. Additionally, both new models feature a more compact polyurethane casing, back-lit button controls, a larger dual color LCD panel, a volt monitor function to monitor battery power, and an auto mode feature that adjusts engine idle time according to the most recent driving pattern. "

"Turbo Timer Type-1 includes all of the Type-0 features, PLUS several measurement tools including a speed warning display, a two-stage engine RPM warning display, 0-400 meter acceleration time measurement and stopwatch features for lap timing."

Here are the links:
Type-0
http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=843&rsku=0
Type-1
http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=845&rsku=0

I am a domestic ricer ;)