hole in vacuum line

grey1

SMOKE 'EM
I just found that my vac. line that attaches to the afpr had a large open hole or crack in it. I had enough line left over so I put the little boot back on and wow!! You can hear the pressure with the line off!! That hole had to have been there for 3yrs. What changes should I be looking at with T.L. now? With this vacuum now working correctly will I see a difference? It seems to spool much faster now. Anything else I should check? Thanks, Dave

If I understand your post correctly, it sounds like you said the vac hose to the fuel press. regulator was cracked? Not good. Chances are your fuel pressure has not been increasing with boost like it should, and you have been detonating a bunch, or unable to run much boost at all. It ought to wake that sucker up big time if you haven't popped a head gasket in the past 3 years running like that.:eek:

It should spool up quicker and run better because it will be the correct lean on the bottom and rich on the top that buick intended it to have. As for a performance increase, with a cracked FP hose, you were lucky you did not blow the car up (I've had mine crack, too), so yes the performance will be better.