Holley HP EFI + Cruz Harness Install

Sorry I'm new to all this but what is the advantage of this unit over the XFI??

For me the advantage was
1. All new engine harness to replace 30+ years of modifications to the stock wiring.
2. One manufacturer for ECU, injectors, sensors, coils.

Other than that, personal preference tuning in XFI, Buick GNECU, or powerlogger etc. The Holley software seems to be pretty good, and there's tons of videos/info out there on Holley forums and fb pages. They have a killer 12 inch mega dash too.

I cold started it every week this winter. Got quite a few days where the coolant and intake temp were 28F in the garage. Started right up.

Installed an Elite E2 PCV catch can this winter as well. STill have 2 ft of snow to melt before she can get out of the garage.

52766772_1041019272769522_231670815119114240_o.jpg

great thread
hope for better weather soon for ya so we can see how it runs / learns

GREAT WRITE UP!!! Thanks for sharing. I know a lot of the Foxbody Mustang guys that swear by it in my area, and have unbelievable success with it. More then likely my next system as well.

I just got this sytem from cruz, with the holley sensors for the water temp and oil pressure. Do I need adapters to get them in the buick block? If so can you tell me what they were? I havnet dis-assembled everything yet!

I'd already been running Autometer elec oil pressure, so I had an adapter from that to I think its what 1/8 npt? The water temp should go where the stock on is up front. It should screw right in and use the black two wire plug seen bottom right over the cam sensor, no adapter needed. The top temp sensor (round single wire) is unused, I just left it unconnected.

Actually , I checked out the Cruz site and was wondering, Why is the price of the Buick Holley EFI control so much higher than the others?

The base EFI is $1395
The Dominator is $2395
And the Buick version is $3200

What this upgrade cost you? 5-6K?

I am very excited about this. So close on pulling the trigger. In my opinion it’s a bargain really. Let’s compare it to the gn-Ecu; with this setup you get a entire brand new harness, 6 coils and brackets, new sensors and I’m sure there are a couple more things. Even though it’s not quite an apple to apple comparison if you spec out a new harness and let’s say the tr6 coil setup you are still in the green. Now the debate on which software is better will never end. Don’t get me wrong I like what Eric has done over there at turbotweak but I’m ready for something a little easier to connect and tune with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am very excited about this. So close on pulling the trigger. In my opinion it’s a bargain really. Let’s compare it to the gn-Ecu; with this setup you get a entire brand new harness, 6 coils and brackets, new sensors and I’m sure there are a couple more things. Even though it’s not quite an apple to apple comparison if you spec out a new harness and let’s say the tr6 coil setup you are still in the green. Now the debate on which software is better will never end. Don’t get me wrong I like what Eric has done over there at turbotweak but I’m ready for something a little easier to connect and tune with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So what’s the cost on all of that?

The HP and Dominator are two different ECUs.

The HP has 4 external inputs and 4 external outputs, the Dominator has 128 inputs and outputs and adds 4L80 trans control, that's the difference between the ecus. The software and functions are the same outside of the trans control.

The Holley kit for 3200 includes:
HP ECU
Full engine harness
Smart coils for COP ignition
Hotwire harness for coils
Plug wires
Startup program

That's everything needed for the conversion.

The only other item needed and not included is fan relay / harness, and that is dependent on the fan style used.

I just got this sytem from cruz, with the holley sensors for the water temp and oil pressure. Do I need adapters to get them in the buick block? If so can you tell me what they were? I havnet dis-assembled everything yet!

You'll need a 3/8 npt to 1/8 npt bushing adaptor for the water sensor into the manifold

I believe the oil psi needs a 1/4 to 1/8 adaptor

The HP and Dominator are two different ECUs.

The HP has 4 external inputs and 4 external outputs, the Dominator has 128 inputs and outputs and adds 4L80 trans control, that's the difference between the ecus. The software and functions are the same outside of the trans control.

The Holley kit for 3200 includes:
HP ECU
Full engine harness
Smart coils for COP ignition
Hotwire harness for coils
Plug wires
Startup program

That's everything needed for the conversion.

The only other item needed and not included is fan relay / harness, and that is dependent on the fan style used.

Ahhh shit! I'm a dumbass, I didn't even notice it says "KIT" next to the buick price.

Thank you Sir.

Sorry I haven't been on the boards much, but yeah the Holley HP should be good enough. If you run more systems, like you want CO2 for boost control on two solenoids and dual alky injection etc, then yeah, go Dominator. But most Buicks the HP is plenty.

The other thing, any issues you run into in general you can surf the Holley forums (everyone is Turbo LS these days). I'm on the Holley EFI facebook page and it's neat to see what other guys are doing and get ideas. The 12 inch pro dash is pretty awesome, probably my next mod.

You also would benefit from the little 3.5 inch touchscreen dash at a minimum. The laptop is just a pita to lug around tuning on test drives. The Pro dash would be ideal I think.