You can type here any text you want

Honda Civic Hatch

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FastRegalWE2

Wish I had another Buick!
My car has only been running for about 2 weeks now. Very out of tune. Extender 98 chip with the timing backed out 8* so I could run 93 octane. Had the Trans + set to run 16PSI with 0-1*KR. SO me and some friends, a 300ZX turbo, SRT-4, 67 Mustang fastback, WRX STi, and Camaro SS were cruisng last night. Went to the local "ricer" hang out. Very boring. Buncha kids with fart cans adn retarded wings and such. We finally decided to just leave. AS we did I got in the lead, followed by the WRX and the Mustang. Thsi primer gray civic hatch pulls out with us. He pulls up next to me and downshifts rides next to my door. I looked at him and just shook my head. He falls back to ride the WRX, they moved over and go. Well this thing kills the STi. So I was like huh, lets see. He comes back up to me again, I put it in D and mashed it, 16PSI, whoosh, bye bye civic. Come up to a light, stopped, he wants to go from the light, for money........nah, lets just go. So he tries and I left him sitting there. Got on the hiway and he just kept trying and trying, I kept walking away from him but he kept killing the STi and the SRT-4. Turns out it was a B16 swap with a turbo. Ran pretty good but its still a civic no matter how fast it is. Too bad he didnt have nothin for the outta tune GN running right near stock boost level.....:D

Originally posted by ws6formula50
Ran pretty good but its still a civic no matter how fast it is.
That rough. If a kid does that mch it is not a civic anymore it is a turbo car, and I'd drive it. Plus if you think about it it is a true sleeper. Every loud civic is stock he has something going for him, and a lot of money.

It's still a civic, I give them no credit, because they have no class period, fast or not.

Originally posted by ws6formula50
My car has only been running for about 2 weeks now. Very out of tune. Extender 98 chip with the timing backed out 8* so I could run 93 octane. Had the Trans + set to run 16PSI with 0-1*KR. SO me and some friends, a 300ZX turbo, SRT-4, 67 Mustang fastback, WRX STi, and Camaro SS were cruisng last night. Went to the local "ricer" hang out. Very boring. Buncha kids with fart cans adn retarded wings and such. We finally decided to just leave. AS we did I got in the lead, followed by the WRX and the Mustang. Thsi primer gray civic hatch pulls out with us. He pulls up next to me and downshifts rides next to my door. I looked at him and just shook my head. He falls back to ride the WRX, they moved over and go. Well this thing kills the STi. So I was like huh, lets see. He comes back up to me again, I put it in D and mashed it, 16PSI, whoosh, bye bye civic. Come up to a light, stopped, he wants to go from the light, for money........nah, lets just go. So he tries and I left him sitting there. Got on the hiway and he just kept trying and trying, I kept walking away from him but he kept killing the STi and the SRT-4. Turns out it was a B16 swap with a turbo. Ran pretty good but its still a civic no matter how fast it is. Too bad he didnt have nothin for the outta tune GN running right near stock boost level.....:D

Sounds like you and Red got that thing running good!

Originally posted by TT/A1233
What's a B16?

B16a is a 1.6l, 160hp vtec motor. Popular for swaps, with a turbo should be any where from 215whp to 300whp. To much rice around not to know about it. at least thats what I keep telling myself:rolleyes:

Re: Re: Honda Civic Hatch

Originally posted by NEARING
Sounds like you and Red got that thing running good!

That was before Red touched it, I went for a ride with him in it tonight since hes down some tuning, with the trans flaring BAD, and holy ****, it runs like a bat out of hell now, and hes not done yet. I had to take it back home to swap trans because this one is done. 2nd gear is TOTALLY gone now. This is how a tranny is supposed to feel?

me too, I havent talked to him though Red has since he found the problem,

On another note, I got some pulls with Reds tranny in there, OMG, whole different car, what a diff a good tranny makes, this thing is freaking screaming now lemme tell ya

Re: Re: Honda Civic Hatch

Originally posted by 85HOT-T
That rough. If a kid does that mch it is not a civic anymore it is a turbo car, and I'd drive it. Plus if you think about it it is a true sleeper. Every loud civic is stock he has something going for him, and a lot of money.

As with any motor swap car, he's probably got a ton of money into it. (ask me how I know) Honestly, all things considered if he can make it hook he could probably get a ton of stock fart canned Civics and similar to give him their lunch money, and V8 domestic guys who won't see it coming.

I'm not a fan of Hondas, but I am a die hard fan of sleepers so admittedly while I'm not a fan of it as a Honda I am a fan of it as a sleeper.

Chris is a stand up guy so I am sure he'll take care of you.What did Red find wrong with the tranny.

Back