You can type here any text you want

Honda GBR 600 gets spanked.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
Guy pulls up to the left of me, in the double left turn lane, today. New(ish) looking bike. Markings said that it was a Honda GBR 600 / RR. Not sure what the RR stands for. I guess that he likes trains;). We complemented each other on their black paint jobs. Seamed to be a cool dude. The bike looked to be in great shape. As we were still chatting, I noticed the cross traffic light turning yellow. I casually slid my hand down and moved the shift lever from OD to D, as a precaution, of coarse:D. Not long after this, our light goes green. We both slowly roll into the throttle, while keeping an eye on each other. As we came out of the long sweeping 90 degree left turn, we both hit the cross walk at the same time doing about 35 mph. Guess that we were thinking the same thing, because we both went full throttle at the same time. I cant count the times that I've blown the MT drag radials off my car at 45 mph. For some reason, they hooked this time from 35 mph. After about three seconds of full flog, I glanced at my boost gauge to see it indicating 22 lbs of boost heading for my Champion ported irons. In the time it took me to check my boost, I pulled a car length ahead. By the time I got to 85 mph, I must have had at least a bus (not a VW:p) length on him and shut it down, as did he.

This seemed to be one of the slower bikes that I've ever had the pleasure of killing. Still. It's fun to beat up on poor little motor cycles.

Yea, I'm a bully:eek::D

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

GBR?...did you mistype cbr twice or do they really have a new model? Either way very impressive to take one of those down....0-60 in 2.8...0-100 in 7.01...15,000 rpm redline :eek:....75MPH in 1st Newbie driver on his part maybe?

GBR?...did you mistype cbr twice or do they really have a new model? Either way very impressive to take one of those down....0-60 in 2.8...0-100 in 7.01...15,000 rpm redline :eek:....75MPH in 1st Newbie driver on his part maybe?

Probably was a CBR. I'm not up on all the bikes. I don't think the guy was a rookie. He said somthing about just turning over 30,000 mi on the odometor today. Not sure if all those miles were his though. Those times are better than I thought they would be. I run a 6.90 1/8 mile @100 mph. That should put us pretty close, on paper.

i can recall one summer racing a hayabusa,had a young kid riding it and i had my little brother in the car.both my brother and the kid on the bike were shocked when i beat him.i think if he could have road better he could of taken me.

Back