You can type here any text you want

Hoses not connected to anything?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BIGJOE

hey guys just noticed today while i was working on my car there is a couple hoses not connected to anything the car seems to be running fine just a little rich but these hoses i have no idea what they go to, heres a few pics

this is the hose start point

Capture.jpg

this is the end of one of the splits its not connected to anything

Capture506.jpg

this is the other house of the split

Capture763.jpg

also this peice has a hose coming off of it without a connecting plugged into it

Capture813.jpg

thanks for your help guys

The first pic that vacuum line should be connected to the vapor canister but someone T the line for a vacuum source, on second pic its the same line with a black n off white color check valve this end is connect to the canister .

Maybe???
Is last photo your charcoal canister? Can't tell from photo if that's it or not;
2nd photo is of a vacuum check-valve,
it goes in-line w/ hose to allow flow of air in one direction only, should hook into a hose nearby
(charcoal can should have a check-valve between it & vac source)

Do_O

Maybe???
Is last photo your charcoal canister? Can't tell from photo if that's it or not;
2nd photo is of a vacuum check-valve,
it goes in-line w/ hose to allow flow of air in one direction only, should hook into a hose nearby
(charcoal can should have a check-valve between it & vac source)

Do_O
I think the charcoal canister has been removed thats why those vacuum lines left hanging w/o anywhere to connect to:D

the last photo is the canister that goes to the fuel tank it has that hose that isnt connected to anything im guessing it connects to the vacuum line

ive been running it awhile and they havent been connected to anything i was just wondering if they should have been

i do...... lol but would about that other like that comes off the spliter that doesnt have the vacuum end on it?

Lol i didnt even notice the canister been relocated next to radiator on that last pic of ur first post thread my bad, the T splitter was just for vacuum source maybe for a boost gauge ???

ok. i connected the vacuum line but the t splitter in the fist pic still has that hose in the 3rd pic not connected to anything? i guess ill just leave it as seeing it was off before

If you leave the vacuum line from the T on, make sure you block it off.. don't want to suck any air into the engine...

dont you mean block off the one in the 3rd pic that doesnt connect to anything?

Yep,
just put one of those little rubber caps over it (or even a screw in it, if you wanna go red-neck on it:confused: )
or just get rid of the "T" all together.get a little adapter or slide a piece of hard plastic tube into the vac thoses & join 'em
Do_O

Yea, the unplugged vacuum hose...lol... better yet, I a gree with the above post and just remove the hose... not really needed for anything

Looks like someone hacked up the engine bay a bit, zip-ties, cut vacuum lines, etc. The hoses look old, probably stock. Replacing all of the vacuum hoses and fixing all the grounds will go a long way to lay a foundation for a properly running turbo regal.

Remember, these cars are 25+ years old...

Back