You can type here any text you want

hoses

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The_Six

Hey guys I need to run the new fuel lines for my car. What hose are you guys using and where are you buying it from? I was planning on using a Bosh 044 but now I think I’ll try the new in tank pump out. I will be running -8 feed and -6 return lines or maybe just make both -8. I will be using a summit racing fuel regulator and filter and I’m looking at having a set of stainless fuel rails made for me. My injectors are 80sand when there maxed out I’m done they should get me my mid 11 goal. I don’t want to cage my car so 11.5 is as fast as it gets for me.

If your goal is only mid 11's why not use stock lines & rail and save some money. If not Summit carries Aeroquip TFE series hose.

I put way to many miles on my car to take a chance that Ill get the black gunk problem so Im replacing it all with stainless and teflon hose that and it will give me a better choics of fuel pumps . I dont plan on running a duble pumper if I dont have to and this way I dont have to worry about the return line restriction.

With your set up you should be in the mid 11's no problem. The stock turbo may be holding you back if you are not.

Im not going to keep the stock turbo much longer. Im just making sure now that I dont brake down on the side of the road from somthing that could have been provented.

I put way to many miles on my car to take a chance that Ill get the black gunk problem so Im replacing it all with stainless and teflon hose that and it will give me a better choics of fuel pumps . I dont plan on running a duble pumper if I dont have to and this way I dont have to worry about the return line restriction.

Wouldnt it be easier and cheaper to purchase a double pumper set-up than to buy a new pump,rail and lines?
Just curious because I plan to convert to E-85 as well. What is the downside to a double pumper set-up that you are concerned with?

It’s not the double pumper that is a problem I would run one but don’t see the point if I can get it done with one pump one less thing to worry about failing. The problem is the black gunk everyone gets and clogs up the injectors. Or the way e-85 eats nonanodized aluminum it’s not going to cost that much more for me to change over with the new pump coming out figure $200 for lines at worst $200 for the pump and if I do get the stainless fuel rails $200 for most double pumper set ups you pay close to that any way.
Look at some of the post below like the it’s not pretty one that shows how e-85 eats aluminum and rubber hose why take the chance of dealing with that just to save maybe $200. Just not worth it to me.

Here is my list of parts this is with a -8 feed split to 2 -6 lines to the rails all Teflon hose. . I was going to feed the rails from the back and then run the front lines to the fuel regulator then run -6 line to the old 3/8 feed line to use as the return. For the feed to the tank I was going to run -8 as close as possible then reduce it to -6 so that I can clamp the -6 on the original feed line from tank I may end up making a new feed line with a-8 end welded on but haven’t made up my mind yet. For the return the plan is to flip a fuel filter over so it flows towards tank and then pick up some 3/8 to ¼ reducers from a local auto parts place.
fuel fillter SUM-230118R $70

Fuel Pressure Regulator PFS-10671 $ 106

Fitting, Y-Block -6 /-8 SUM-220108B $27 1 needed

Fitting, Straight, Male -6 AN to 16mm x 1.5 FRA-491971-BL $7 1needed

Hose, P.T.F.E., Teflon® Lined, Braided Stainless Steel, -6 AN, 10 ft. Length, Each FRA-601006 $39

Hose, P.T.F.E., Teflon® Lined, Braided Stainless Steel, -8 AN, 10 ft. Length, Each FRA-601008 $50

Fitting, Hose End, P.T.F.E., Straight, -6 AN Hose to Female -6 AN, Steel, Zinc Plated, Each FRA-600106 $7 11 needed

Fitting, Hose End, P.T.F.E., Straight, -8 AN Hose to Female -8 AN, Steel, Zinc Plated, Each FRA-600108 $9 4 needed

Fitting, Union Reducer, Male -8 AN to Male -6 AN, Aluminum, Nickel Plated SUM-220844N $6 1 neded

The problem is the black gunk everyone gets and clogs up the injectors.

I have been running E-85 with a Walbro 340 pump, stock fuel lines, stock fuel filter, stock fuel rails and standard aftermarket regulator for two years and have no gunk in the fuel rails

Have run an 11.25 at 121 with this set up and 83 lb injectors, (though I admit was out of fuel) so personally do not see the need for all the changes.

This is ethanol and not methanol that is used in E-85. Ethanol has a ph close to water, so the problem that methanol has with dissolving the protective aluminum oxide layer is not as severe. The gunk from the posts is probably other problems in the fuel system and not from using stock components. Would advise changing fuel filters regularly after the change over as E-85 will definitely remove any residue from your 23 year old gas tank.

Its hit and miss who gets the gunk problem you can go to the import sites and there are new cars that have the problem Im not willing to take that chance. We do know it will brake the hose down over time and its cheaper to go -an then it is to replace the stock lines any way so why not do it and get it over with. I even thought about just replacing my lines with new DIY stainless 3/8 hard line then I would no longer have the bottle kneck from the stock fittings .

Back