You can type here any text you want

Hot Air Eats Snake Meat For Dessert!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboBuickSix

And there was only 1 passenger this time! Anyways,I was taking a nice after dinner cruise to my parents house to use their printer.I was driving "normal"and I notice a car coming up pretty hard in the rear view,I did not recognize it right away,the sun was low and behind him but when we stopped at the light I could see the snake in the mddle of the grill area.I don't know the year but if someone posts a link I might be able to identify it but it looked like a new car.The grill area was very clean and all I could see was that snake.He was throwing revs now and then and it sounded pretty good.Needless to say I was nervous as hell.Light changes and he is right on my a$$,I am still just cruising and scoping the situation a little.I put it in first before I left so I could show him so 20mph rolling rubber,it seems to scare away some but not this guy,it only made him more aggressive.Now this is a one lane type road with the turning lanes in the middle and we are coming to light # 2, I made it there to get enough time to build some boostI could see the light on the other side going yellow and I started to lean into the throttle to bring it up,Icould hear him revving too so it was on.On this particular road it is not uncommon to be passed on the left so I think that was his (un-obtainable )goal.Anywho,I look at the VDO and it is telling me I have a good 5-6 lbs being generated by the stock turbo(390cfm!!)Well were off and I blaze the hoops for a good 75 ft the car hooks and pulls REAL hard,I was amazed,I felt the timing starting to pull out(too much boost,not enough pump) and I let off after I have traveled more than an eighth mile easy.I was pulling pretty good because I had put at least 5-6 cars on him.I did'nt look back but I could hear his tires fighting bad for grip on the launch.Light 3, second chance,my brakes are hot as hell and unwilling to hold more than 3 psi without spinning tires.Light changes,I mash it and it blows the tires away again,when it hooks it pulls hard for some distance,surprising the hell out of me BTW cuz I thought it was their turn on me for sure this time.But he either could not drive or did not have the power.Light 4 I signal to turn,he has decided he had enough of the darkside and was now hanging back going very slow.When he reached he light I stopped short so he could go around me and maybe stop to challenge again or chat or make an excuse but nothing,not even a look.:D I notice a racing harness seat belt he had on his shoulder whan he passed.His freind was smiling big time,they were both younger,I am 31 and these guys were 20-25 ish.I was really hoping he would call me out again but no ceeegar.Believe it or not. Not at all familiar with recent stangs but,I am also not dumb enough to think it was a 03'. What did they have in the last few years for power? Please post some pic links so I can try to figure the year.

Sucks Hertel isn't 4 lanes anymore.....

Who were you with?

Aren't you selling that?

Originally posted by ChrisF
Sucks Hertel isn't 4 lanes anymore.....

Who were you with?

Aren't you selling that?

I was alone(unfortunately)and my opponent was with a freind.Yes,I miss the four lanes.We could have had a real show then! At least I did'nt have to worry about him hitting my back bumper-cuz he was nowhere near it:D

OK I looked at all the links twice and the closest was the 95,I'm saying that because the headlight had that triangle shape to them.Howerver,the snake was in the grill area and not a horse.Are there any years that have the snake in the grill? Maybe it could have been a fake but if it was it was done carefully,It did have them on the fender too.As for the rear of the car,I did not get much of a chance to see it so can't say for sure.Chris maybe you have spotted this Midnight Blue Cobra before?

Yeah Dave, I think I have educated him also, I think you and I need a little "pony" stamp for the driver door to keep track of all the Rustang kills...

It wasnt red was it?, my neighbor has a red one.

But his is a 2001

Sounds really nice, but its slow :)

Kevin

Originally posted by JayLashua
not bad, what have you done to your car to kill a cobra?!!

See sig,I have done some revisions to the restrictive intake and turbo adapter.I think that has alot to do with it.Also,everything is pretty much fresh.I've said it before that the hotairs are underrated,they make exellent street cars with the mods.Herb(cowman)fishman did similar mods but not as extensive and has seen good results.I am trying to sell it but maybe I should take the looong ride to the track half way across the state(Leicester)and get a time to back up the claims.I'd say it feels like it is somewhere in the 12's.

Originally posted by Kevin Turch
It wasnt red was it?, my neighbor has a red one.

But his is a 2001

Sounds really nice, but its slow :)

Kevin

Midnight blue,guessing that the driver was 20-25 yrs old.

It was the 95 style front end with a snake in the grill whatever year that is.I'm not real familiar with stangs,which will prolly be the cause of me getting snaked someday or maybe not.I need to learn more about the enemy.Kevin are there anymore race dates left for the club?I think I should go next time,get some octane and turn it up to 20 psi and see what happens.Just hope the stock fuel pump is up to the task.I hotwired it and it seemed to help a bit.

I went last night, i go whenever i can, i cant rely on the club dates. Usually some of us are there fri nights. I think were shooting for sept 2nd as a club, but i could be wrong. Check outthe webpage, the dates are on there.
Kevin

From what you have said, it could have been a 95ish with a 5 liter. They all had headlights like that untill 99...

Did it have round or square foglights? If they were round, it probably was a Cobra, otherwise it was a GT.

Could have been a regular GT that somebody changed the emblem on.

Just guessing :)

Yes,absolutely round foglamps,I'm sure cuz I seen them every time I looked in my mirror although they were quite far away:D May have been a 5.0,not sure.

Buy a godamn fuel pump and hotwire kit! :mad:

Or you'll be 5-6 cars back... with a toasted piston. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, nice kill! :cool:

I've been wondering the same thing, because I seen a new body style stang the other day with a cobra emblem in the middle of the grille. It had the newest body style though, not the mid 90s style. Damn, where's them Stang boys when ya need 'em?

Originally posted by turbo buicks
i think all cobras have the pony in the grille and the cobra is a emblem you can buy to put in.
That is correct. My little brother has a 95 Mustang GT. However, his car has been converted to look like a Cobra. It has everything you can see from the exterior to make it look like a Cobra with the exception of the rear bumper. Of course most TR owners will never see the rear bumper.:D

Ryan

The Notorious

While sitting at a light on Delaware ave I noticed 3 young guys about 18 yrs old or so walking down the sidewalk one turns and points, and guess what he says,.."yo,that's that car that CRUSHED Rick".I don't know who Rick is ,but I gotta think it was the snake driver because of the age group was the same and I have not had any runs in this area except the snake.I can't tell you how good that felt because when I was that age I had a little bit of notoriety for driving faster than usual SBC powered cars,almost feels like I never lost it now.Thanks kid, whoever you are:D I like my new job as an educator.:cool:

Back