You can type here any text you want

Hot air to Intercooled?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

3xbrowncutty

I have an oppertunity to buy a hotair 6 out of a 78 Sportcoupe. I was actually looking on trading my car (83 cutlass) for an 86-7 T-type or the like, but i have some questions first.

I was wondering if i could use the hotair block as a core for a EFI build.

I'm new when it comes to fuel injection, i'm crossing over from the carbed v8 side lol.

Any help is apreeciated here!

I have an oppertunity to buy a hotair 6 out of a 78 Sportcoupe. I was actually looking on trading my car (83 cutlass) for an 86-7 T-type or the like, but i have some questions first.

I was wondering if i could use the hotair block as a core for a EFI build.

I'm new when it comes to fuel injection, i'm crossing over from the carbed v8 side lol.

Any help is apreeciated here!

Check in the B4 Black section in here for any carb info
And check out the Hot Air section on here for your efii question!:biggrin:

It will have a turbo crank but its not the same casting as the '81 & up
Rods are not the same as well...

thanks for the info guys, i thought they were internally the same, in which case i would've started collecting FI parts... oh well.

Keep your eyes open...nice shortblocks and complete engines show up in the "Parts For Sale" section from time to time. Be patient and you can save big $'s. Just have your cash ready as you will have to move fast. Just make sure the seller has been around for a while. Check with Jack Cotton (MA), Cal Hartline (FL), and Nick Micale (NV) as they has good engines available every once in a while. There are others that you can trust. I purchased an engine from Jack that had been built for a customer (backed out when the engine was all done).
Conrad

Back