You can type here any text you want

Hotchkis suspension

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I eat Z06

I just put on a Hotchkis total vehicle system, tubular upper a arms and f body spindles. My car also has 17X8 wheels. The car sits WAY lower, can barely fit a hand between the tire and the fender. I am having some serious rubbing issues. My question is, has anyone trimmed their inner fenders? I cant drive my car untill the tires dont rub, they are working a groove into the sidewall.

Nick

Any pics? I'm putting B-body spindles in that move the tires out 1/4" and I may be experiencing the same issues after I lower it some more.

Thanks,
Sean

They will have to wait until this weekend. I am back at college ~ 1 hour away from my BUCK. This week is finals, so I will get a pic posted as soon as i figure out my dads digital camera.

Nick

Trimming inner fenders

I trimmed about a 3" by 11" strip out of my front ones, just on the inside of the lip and parallel to the driveline. The rubbing went away. It got even better when I switched to the B-body spindle and 1LE 12" brakes, because the spindle changes the geometry and wheel spacing a bit.

With that small a trim, water doesn't come into the engine compartment - it only goes into the inside of the fender. Since I live in NorCal, that doesn't matter, but if I lived in a salty state and/or drove a lot in the snow or winter or rain, I might not recommend it because of possible rust issues inside the fender.

BTW, I am running 16X8" wheels, with a 245/45/16 front and a 245/50/16 rear with no more rubbing issues. As soon as my new rears show up, I will be running 245/40/17 front on a 17X8 wheel, and 275/40/17 rear on a 17/9.5" wheel. They measure in correctly, but I am dying to see!

Jim

Back