Houston area shops / tuning

sircashalotjosh

hello guys
so ive got an 87 T type. my daily driver . recently upgraded turbo, injectors, tourque converter, TT chip etc

i am looking for some shops in the Houston area that can tune/ mechanic that can help with the car
or just anyone that can help .
current issue im having is ....
when slowing down lets say comming to a red light my RPMs suddenly drop and car shuts off (happens sometimes) if i catch it fast enough i can blip the gas pedal and they will rise and back to normal.
if im in park after the car is warmed up and i rev it to about 3K RPMs then the car shuts off. turns back on fine like nothing happened.

i also want to add an external wastegate so any fab shop recommendations please.
any help is much apreciated ! thanks

Josh, welcome. Im a newer member from Houston (Spring). Im almost certain your stalling issue is your TPS throttle position sensor needs to be adjusted. I had the same problem. The only shop i have any experience with is Century Auto/Transmission. Mike Kurtz can help. Hes in Sugarland. Look him up, very nice guy.
James-

a tcc solinoid isnt activated in first gear for a stock 200r4. its not even mechanically possible to lockup a converter in our cars in fisrt gear (unless your converter was internally seized)
the stalling could be anything honestly...from a cam sensor going out to a iac valve sticking. its tough to guess over the internet without seeing the car.

ive fabricated a few wastegates onto turbo buicks before/ if you run a search under my name im sure the threads are still around. where are you located josh? could swing the car by if close somtime. im in spring texas as well

I agree with the tcc solenoid...The problem is ,,it is sticking and and not allowing to unlock...Very common in the 200-4R,,especially after about 20 mins of driving when everything is fully up to temp

Please don’t believe the hype from these old posts.

I highly recommend to stay away from Mike Kurtz. If you do choose to use him do yourself a favor and ask him some semi technical questions on turbo Buick’s. He knows little to nothing on these cars. He didn’t even build the old beater that has sat in his shop for 15 years.

You are welcome to p.m. me if you want more info.

Please don’t believe the hype from these old posts.

I highly recommend to stay away from Mike Kurtz. If you do choose to use him do yourself a favor and ask him some semi technical questions on turbo Buick’s. He knows little to nothing on these cars. He didn’t even build the old beater that has sat in his shop for 15 years.

You are welcome to p.m. me if you want more info.

Just out of curiosity, are we talking about Century Transmission in Richmond, TX? That Mike Kurtz?

Sounds like TPs and or idle along with the TV cable being slightly off. Have to adjust them just right in the right order.

Is century Not a good trans builder? I was just gonna purchase one of his units from a memeber here

Is century Not a good trans builder? I was just gonna purchase one of his units from a memeber here
I have no dog in this, but he's been doing 200's for upwards of 30 years specifically for TR's. Most of the people I know in Texas have suggested Century as far back as I can remember. From conversations I have had with him in the past, seems like a pretty cool cat. That being said, I have no experience with his hardware.