Houston Buick Club, MEETING Sat. March the 2nd

D

dconnor

Come on out to Conley's Performance Plus, Saturday March the 2nd for the next HBC meeting. There will be door prizes & a 50/50 drawing as usual, a Tech Q&A session with our resident Buick guru Lawrence Conley AND we'll be holding the club's 2nd annual club Chili Cook-off (There will be a plaque for the winner & bragging rights for the next year)

We need a few people to help make sure everything runs smoothly so if you can sell 50/50 tickets, pass out door prize entry slips, sign up new members, contribute a batch of chili for the cook-off, etc... PLEASE let me know ASAP!!!

CPP is located at: 1443A Aldine Bender Road - Houston TX 77032

For directions call them at: 281-540-FAST

Doug C.
captaininsane_o@mail.com

Dues are $10.00 a year which goes to paying for food/snacks at meetings (chips, cookies, cups, sandwich fixins, etc...), the cost of door prizes (buick collectibles, video games, ice chests, etc... AND goes towards trophies for the annual club viewer's choice car show (coming up again this spring) and the chili cook-off winner's plaque for the next meeting.

Doug C.

Hey Chris,

Did you get your tranny fixed??

Sorry I didn't make it over last time I was in Houston. I did however go and see the TTA guys. :D

Looks like my whole engine is trashed. Have to start over. :mad:

Should be back down March 8th - 15th. I'll look you up.

Gary

Gary,
I got the trans in last night. I put a new art carr converter in. I can't wait to try it out. Im fighting the starter right now. Trying to shim it. It's to loud for me, so im trying to quite it down with some shims.

Look me up when you come in town.

See ya

humm, would you let a 'lowly' monte carlo owner show up? ;)

it would be pretty cool to meet some of you guys and check out your cars.

besides aldine bender is about as far from me here in CS as it is from baytown. lol

Sure man, but all non-Buicks HAVE to bring a batch of chili for the cook-off to make up for their poor taste in cars. ;)

Heh been wanting to meet ya anyways, so come on down! :)

Doug C.

its all good. are cars are all the same....ones just faster than the other. lol

umm, I don't eat chili anymore, it does a nasty number on me tummy. :)

a bowl of uncle ben's chili sound good? (remember I'm a college student, hehe)

Oh is this place anywhere near the MCI building? I've been out Aldine bender a couple of times to go install some equip over there.

Gary,
Yes, Im going to that event. Im not sure if im going to take my car because it's two weeks before bowling green. If the car is running good i probably will not take it. But if i need to due some test and tune then i might take it. I will be there watching or riding. See ya there

i may or may not be able to make it....

I have 3 tests the next week, one of which is going to kill me (Physics of the atom if anyone cares) amd the other two aren't going to be cake by any means.

I would like to go, but I don't know if I can give up a whole sat.

Chris, the meeting starts at 11:00am & will run to around 5pm or so...

Tests, phooey you'll still have Saturday night & all day Sunday to study!!! :)

Doug C.

Damn,

I am going to miss that too. I won't be down until the 8th.

mcss383

Nice Monte. Put a Turbo6 in that thing!!:D

hey, if it was a LS or something I probably would...best damn sleeper on the road. :)

I just can't give up the V8 growel on the SS though.....it just wouldn't be right.

yeah....i won't be able to come. I am so far behind and thats not good when you have 3 tests in the next 5 days...