You can type here any text you want

how bad does salvage titles effect price?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
thanks for all the help guys.

that car appears to be sold but I'll be on the search.

I had one about 10 yrs ago and though it was a clean title the car was a built pos. So i'm a more watchful person nowadays.

I think the more time goes on the less title statments matter.
Heck, some states dont even issue titles for older cars! You have to pay extra, if you want one.
20 years from now (if the gobal warming movement doesnt make gasoline cars illegal); condition, completeness, and mechanical ability is going to be the deciding factor in the value of these cars.
Out there is probably less than 1% of the cars that can be classified as museum quality that have less than 100 miles that will be astronomically priced.

I had a nice looking 86 GN with a NY reVIN number. The title didn't say it was a salvaged car. The VIN number was not in the dashboard so it was most likely a stolen car that was going to be stripped or was already stripped and fixed again. I searched the car for body work but couldn't find any. I sold that car for $2500 because people was afraid of the title. It was perfectly legal because when I transferred the title into and out of my name the lady at the DMV said nothing about it. So, YES I've had first hand experience with this sort of thing and it does affect value.

different states call it different things, in IL a salvage title is not streetable. (u cant get plates) junk (parts) only. rebuilt title is just what it sounds like wrecked or flood or theft recovery. but rebuildable and then inspected by the state of IL to be roadworthy safe. (not to mention check for stolen parts)lol. i have a friend in the salvage business and he tells me that rebuilt titleed cars (and it says it right on the title in IL.) only drops value by about 10% but then again u have people who freak out when they hear the word rebuilt. i had a 2000 mustang gt with 11,000 mi. that we rebuilt (right!) , i sold it on e-bay, but alot of people were put off by the fact it said rebuilt title. my 2 cents, sorry so long....:frown:

Back