How can I harness this power?

You probably have serious highway gears if your're running those rpm's at 65-70, but does it sound or rpm like its shifting down to 2nd if you mash it? If you manually force it down to second when you mash it, is it the same? Might be your kickdown cable on a th350.

Are the lock-up 350's supposed to unlock if you floor it/downshift?

2.51 rear gears stock. Yes, it does hold back after I mash it at 65-70. It might be kicking down to secound, but I really don't know. The engine revs high as I explained once I pedel to the metal. There must be a simple answer. As far as lock-up....I really don't know how it works. But yes it is a lock-up converter as with all the computer controled Regals. Maybe a transmission guy can explain the RPM's relative to the shifting on the THM-350's. I myself have no clue...:confused:

Freddie,
First I would do a line pressure test on the trans to see if it's slipping. Next would be (if it trans checks good) 3:42 gears. Then a 200r4 trans and a good converter(9/11) last.
Jim

Nope.....not slipping. As far as rear gears go, I don't think the launch at that speed would make much of a differance with higher rear gears. It sounds like maybe an upgrade in the converter. But I don't know. Maybe a simple adjustment within the tranny. Maybe jdub is onto something.