You can type here any text you want

How do I get jacked up?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BFlat

I want to jack up the front with a floor jack under the front main crossover & then use jack stands a bit behind the front wheels. How do I get the floor jack under there? It won't go from the front because of the IC scoop and ground effects, plus I don't think the jack handle is long enough even if I could. If I jack up one side at a time, from what I've read in previous posts the jack is right where the jack stand should go. Old guy feeling frustrated. All I want to do is service the transmission. I had a GN before, and did a lot of work under it - including replacing the front main seal. Now I have another one and can't even figure out how to jack it up. Argh.

will you have found its not going to happen with one quick move. its a framed car look behind the front wheels there is a big hole ,just move your jack torrid the back with enough room to get your stand in and do one side at a time. were old and need our exercise

Yep. I've noticed that the floor is farther away than it used to be - and I don't want anyone watching when I get back up. It's depressing.

I have an old large frame 2 1/2 ton floor jack the same size as the newer 3 ton. I take the top section of the handle off and slide the jack under from the corner of the front bumper angled to the crossmember.
The short handle is under the car just behind the air dam and can be pumped from there.
You can move the handle maybe a foot or so, but travels more as the car goes up.

Horrible Freight has a Dayton brand low profile, long reach 3 ton floor jack available in Grand National black as well as various T-Type colors. 😁

Use ramps, then jack up. Or use a couple of 2x4’s in front of the tires and pull forward on them to get it higher, then jack up from there. I have a TTA and it’s low. I use either method.

Back