You can type here any text you want

how do the 6x9 adapters work

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

88 CuttyClassic

The Enviromental Hitman
ok i go the adapter from best buy. it had a 4 x10 opening but the plate size is that of a 6x9. it has holes for where you would bolt the 6x9's to it but how do you attach it to the rear deck itself.

They shoud have come with a wire "hanger" that slips over the assembly (adapter & speaker) and attaches in the stock hanger's slots.

Doug C.

Also a good idea it zap two short self tapping screws on each or the corners. It will seal it better and won't move around.

THEY DON'T WORK. I've sent back 2 pairs of Sony 6x9s because they wouldn't fit the adapters. I haven't tried with my Pioneers yet, but I am awaiting failure from that also. Damn GM and their 4x10s. I'd like to stick a 4x10 up someone's tailpipe at Delco!

looks like the trust cabel straps wil come in handy once again, my car never had the hangers.

Am I lucky?

I picked up a set about 5 years ago for my Pioneer 6X9's and they are working fine to this day. I had zero problems putting them in.

So I know this CAN and does work... But I am not much practical help in identifying which make the adapters were. So maybe it's the speaker itself that works?

The set I have uses the "Spring" mounting method. The 6x9 bolts to the adapter, then the assembly is held in place with the mounting "Spring". I just don't remember if the spring/wires came with the adapter or were the factory spings that held the old 4x10's in place.

So I have to ask myself this question, do I feel lucky ... PUNK!

Yes I do.

e-mail me and I will take a picture and attach it to my reply if you wish. Good Luck!

well here's what i originally did. I had a Cutlass ciera with 6 x9's and my supreme with the 4 x10's. i swapped hangers and used cable ties to hold up the one side of the 6x9 bracket in the supreme. The problem is with the SS and the hurst, niether car has or had the brackets to even try to rig something up. on the SS i just put the 4 x10's and bolted them up. i guess i'll figure something out for the hurst. Like i said cable ties are one of the best creations ever.

Adapter, its good

Originally posted by Tom Tom Turbo
THEY DON'T WORK. I've sent back 2 pairs of Sony 6x9s because they wouldn't fit the adapters. I haven't tried with my Pioneers yet, but I am awaiting failure from that also. Damn GM and their 4x10s. I'd like to stick a 4x10 up someone's tailpipe at Delco!

They worked fine for me:D, i have used Pioneers 4-way and CV 3-ways. Ill second that about the dam 4x10s, what is it with GM and those 4x10s:mad:.

Back