You can type here any text you want

how do you get dash speakers out?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Which part are you confused about? Remove the number of hex head screws (I'd guess about 6). Lift off the front piece of the dash, be careful because the corners are sharper than they look and will leave scratches on your A-pillar. Each speaker is then held in by two screws. It is difficult to fit any tool in there to get them. I used a skew-driver on three screws, then the most difficult one, I took a flat-head screwdriver bit (the screw was a flathead), then put a small wrench on the bit to turn it very slowly. Just don't drop it into your dash.

I see some screw angled which I figured were holding in the area where the speakers are, but I also have a phillips screw about center of the dash that is not angled and wasnt sure if the dash would come up with it in place.

Remove every screw you see on that piece. Including the one in the center, hiding in that hole. The rest are in plain view I believe.

You'll need aither a 7mm socket or a t15 or maybe t20 torx bit. Total of seven screws. 1 by each speaker opening, 2 in each defrost duct and the one dead centre.

Back