You can type here any text you want

How do you launch with boost?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bakerlaw67

BQQSTED
OK, I roughed the boost gauge in (no pod to mount in yet so its sitting in my ashtray). Anyway, I'm averaging around 9 lbs boost, but accellerating through 75 mph, it gets up a little past 10 lbs.

The problem is I can't build boost on the line. Once rolling, it shoots up.

"One foot on the brake and one the gas..." :)

Just keep pushing the gas until the vacuum/boost rises. If it stops rising, you may be hitting the torque converter's stall. I launch with 0 to 3 psi of boost. Anymore and I spin the 275's. :eek: (I still need to install a limited slip rear.)

If you haven't done any rear suspension upgrades, don't be surprised if you get wheel hop when it spins.

9 psi is good. Next guage is a Casper's knock guage. (Put them both in a dual A-pillar pod.) Then you can start on safely upping the boost. :)

I try to leave at around 4-5 #, Any more I get a rich bog. (Which I thing I might have an answer for). So I try leaving at full Boost

Do you have a tach in the car? , Do what Rich was saying one foot on the brake & the other on the gas And see where the converter is stalling at.

Back