You can type here any text you want

How do you?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jretrodude

How do you hook up the 5 1/2 speakers in the door for a concert system? Do you have to get a GM plug for those in the doors or are they just a direct plug in? Thanks. I've got some 5 1/2 kickers going in there?:)

There is a GM plug a few inches back from the speaker on a pigtail.

You can reuse that connector or simply solder and attach the new wires an inch or two back behind the factory connector in the hareness, which is what I did.

GNPassSideWindandSprkrWiring.jpg

The red and black connector?

The red and black connector will just plug right in to the new kickers? Or do I have to get a GM speaker harness plug in?:)

You can reuse the connector if you unsolder the wires from the factory speakers and re-solder them onto the new Kicker speakers.

Otherwise you will have to use the wires supplied with the Kickers and attach them to the factory wiring somehow.

I soldered my new speakers wires (came with my JBL's) right behind the factory connector to the light and dark green wires.

I agree with the post above. Splice the new wire into the old connector or wires. A lot easier!

Back