You can type here any text you want

How does backpressure affect reading?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ChrisCairns

I have the wideband O2 sensor before the turbo in my T-Type. Does backpressure make the FAST read richer or leaner than it really is??

Thanks, Chris

Unless you want to buy shares in NTK i suggest you move the sensor 8-10 "after the bend in the Downpipe. Leaving the sensor exposed will shorten its life dramatically!. As for the pressure affecting the readings it is true, but i'm not sure now if it was lean or rich. You'd have to ask craig smith on that one.

There's a reason for it being there Norbs....

I simply need an answer to my question.

Thanks.

Chris, If I remember right Rob Raymer posted in General Tech about his experience moving the wideband around while testing on a dyno. He had his FAST readings vs. his dyno WB readings. Try doing a search in General Tech and see what pops up. I don't remember exactly which way the readings shifted.

Thanks.

I found it right away by searching.

What disgusts me is that I even joined in that thread and I don't remember.

Damn my past life of wild women and drugs. (Or maybe I can't remember the truth. :D )

Well, if you remember the fight the body had about who the boss should be, about how all the body parts laughed at a certain one part. How that part clamed shut and caused severe BACKPRESSURE through out the body and the brain got foggy etc. That could explain the lapse in memory:p

Back