You can type here any text you want

How Far Can I push my stock Gn Rear?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87GnWon

Just wondering what 60fts and hp everyone is putting through the stock rear end? Thanks

well the internals of your rear should hold up to 400hp depending on how sticky your tires are. but your housing is strong enough to run high 8's. I had a full upgrade on my rear suspension but I kept the housing, because its a very strong housing. just haven't had time to take it to the track yet.

Well I guess it's time to upgrade yesterday my car put 470 to the wheels:cool:

So how can I tell if this is the original Gn rear end?

If you get into the 1.5's for 60 fts, the clock starts when you will break a stock axle. Not if, but when.

Upgrade to forged axles before this point.

How long can them c clips last until something breaks?

The c clips only hold the axles in nothing else. The problem with that style axle is when an axle breaks there is nothing holding the rest of the axle in.

I agree with UNGN that you're looking for trouble when you are getting down in the 1.5's.

if your running 1.60's or faster its time to upgrade. It cost me more then a rearend upgrade to fix the paint and body from a broken axle that wanted to go down the track further then the car wanted to go.

I'd just do a set of axles for now.. then a cover.. then c clips .. then when ya save more $$$$ ................:biggrin:

Back