You can type here any text you want

How happy R U w/ the area that U live in???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
I'm starting my job hunting for when I am done w/ school in Dec.. I REALLY don't like the Washington D.C. area, sorry for those that live here. So, I've gotta leave!!! There are just too many cars and the house are SOooooo close together, need some land, like 5+ arc or so. Also, I want to live in a place where people don't look at me cross-eyed for saying hello in passing on the street. I'll have my degree in Mec. Engineering. I was thinking most of all about the west / mid-west. I think top on the list is CO, then NM, CA, NV, and AZ. Those that live there, let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Jason

i dont think any of those states are considered part of the midwest, but if you want to get alot of land, get something not so close to the city, it should be decently priced.

Shouldn't you begin your job hunt now? You're only one semester away right? Believe me, an inexperienced graduate has alot of competition for jobs right now. Even if you don't get your dream location right off the bat, it's not the end of the world. As for Indiana, everyone can spout off about the cornfields and boredom all they want. I've lived in Detroit, Atlanta, Nashville, Columbus, Ft. Lauderdale and Jacksonville in the past 14 years. So far, Indiana has had the most consistent mix of friendly and honorable people I have encountered; people almost argue at 4-way stops wanting you to go before they do. Now that's polite!

There is a good bit of industry here (DaimlerChrysler has a block foundry in Indy and a transmission plant in Kokomo, Ft. Wayne has a GMC truck plant, etc.). Housing is affordable and taxes are well below national average.

Lastly, if anyone thinks there aren't any cute girls here, they should get glasses; I think the naysayers spend too much time at Walmart. Believe me, chicks are plentiful and anyone with an I.Q. above their own age, an outgoing personality and a dollar in their pocket has a shot with them. Downtown Indy is great and there is always something going on. It's one of the nicer downtown areas I've seen.

Thanks guys,
John, I have been looking. I hear what you are saying about not thinking that I'm going to right off the bat get a dream job. I had lots of jobs, in fact, I already have 2.5 years of work in engineering, not bad for still being in college. The thing is I don't like this area and have not liked the two engineering jobs that I have had. So I'm working hard to find a job. I'm only taking two classies which leaves me time to look.

Thanks again,
Jason

one of my good friends lives in fort collins colorado. i love going there. the scenery is awesome. the houses are really spread out. iits 30 minutes from pikes peak. not far from colorodo university.

i live in st. louis now. its a good place to live. but ill probably end up moving when i get out of school too. like omghi2u said the farther away you are from the city the more open land there is. there are a lot of buicks around here and a couple of shops dedicated to buicks. good luck

Let me throw something in here for ya! I have been to quite a few places, but was completely surprised about the Virginia/Tennessee people when going to bristol. Kentucky Too! Everyone says hi! I mean EVERYONE. Out here you say anything to someone they think you have a problem with em. Im getting tired of all the bull$hit out here. Illinois cops are complete A-holes and overzealous Jags. Not to mention the auto laws in illinois just plain suck. You cant do anything out here! Driving with your fog lights on when its not foggy is illegal. How dumb is that! I have considered indiana, and there ARE bad parts but just ask around and youll find the good spots. All I know is I am done with Illinois and when looking for a job, I will steer clear! However, I was pleased with the Kentucky/Virginia/Tennesse scenery & valleys etc. Not to mention fresh air. Just my personal opinion. Hope all is well. And for the record, there are fine women everywhere, just have to know where to look. If I am not mistaken, I believe there is 2 girls for every 1 guy in the US. So you can go ahead and choose between 2 and be done with it!:D

Scott

ONLY LAW BREAKERS HATE LAWS ;)

I live in Illinois and lived all over the US...overall, I like Illinois the best...It's not GREAT at any one thing but very good at almost everything.
I'm in Springfield, it's 3 hours from Chicago and Indy and 1 hour 15 min from St. Louis. If I want some "big city" things, it's a short drive away.

I think Scott4DMny needs to get away from the big city. Things are definitly not like that around here.

Illinois is also really cheap to live in as well.

If I had my "druthers", I'd move out East...expensive to live there though, so I'm happy where I'm at.

Originally posted by zam70
ONLY LAW BREAKERS HATE LAWS ;)

Illinois is also really cheap to live in as well.

Law breakers HATE laws??? No they just ruin the fun. Neon lights are illegal out here but practically legal in all other states. I rest my case on THAT one. Yes, I know ricers like neons, but let us keep our hobbies and it keeps the kids away from drugs and alcohol when you give them something productive to do. You run out of things because cops get you no matter what. I have been pulled over at least 50 times out here. How many moving violations? ONE. Yes ONE. They have nothing better to do. Meanwhile Harleys are louder than anything out here yet they get no grief. Why? Because the police are scared of them. As far as the Cheap to live in, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU LIVING??? A trailer park??? We have one of the highest gas prices (which speaks for itself), not to mention taxes. Indiana is right next door and MUCH better as far as that goes. Illinois sucks, believe me. If your coming out in this area, stick to indiana! HOOSIER DADDY!

Scott

exterior neon should be outlawed in all states...it just looks stupid:p

AGREED on the Harley thing...frickin' annoying. Cops are scared of the Harley riders, they ARE the Harley riders (at least around here). That's why they get away with it.

HOLY CRAP! You're right by Chicago...no wonder you think Illinois sucks...
It's good here. Cheap livinghere, Gas isn't to bad, real estate is cheap (nice 2000 sq ft house w/2 car garage & full basement good size yard w/ trees in a good older area - $64,000) Get away from the big city, FAR far away. There's ALOT of moderate size city/towns under 100,000 people that are well worth living in.

ANYWAY - back to the thread subject....

Indiana???Indiana??? they can't even decide what time zone the state should be in...:D

Originally posted by zam70
exterior neon should be outlawed in all states...it just looks stupid:p
=opinion

AGREED on the Harley thing...frickin' annoying. Cops are scared of the Harley riders, they ARE the Harley riders (at least around here). That's why they get away with it.[/B]
Ya especially the Outlaws!

HOLY CRAP! You're right by Chicago...no wonder you think Illinois sucks...
It's good here. Cheap livinghere, Gas isn't to bad, real estate is cheap (nice 2000 sq ft house w/2 car garage & full basement good size yard w/ trees in a good older area - $64,000) Get away from the big city, FAR far away. There's ALOT of moderate size city/towns under 100,000 people that are well worth living in.[/B]
Im still an hour south of Chicago. Not to bad but still expensive!

ANYWAY - back to the thread subject....

Indiana???Indiana??? they can't even decide what time zone the state should be in...:D [/B]
True but neither can Ohio but I like that state! :)

I live in metamora. I'm about 15 min east of peoria. 2.5 hr from chicago 1.5 hours from springfield (many midnight trips to the voo:D ) and 3 hours from St. Louis. cheap living decent cops (For the most part.) alot of small towns in the area. metamora=2,500 people,Washington=10,200. ect. I love where I live

Back