How I kept my stock head unit

bluegate

I would have yanked this head unit 25 years ago, but not now. Just seems right to keep it. Im sure im not the first, but this is what I used.

Audio Control sound processor to convert the stock signal to something an amp can use. 5 channel JBL with Bluetooth, dooky pre-built sub box and a Menphis Audio 10" sub. Memphis Audio stock size speakers in the doors and deck. I think it sounds great for the $600.00 I have in it. Especially considering the 4x10s in the back.

Radio reception sucks, so I need a suggested fix for that.

Hi, I know this is a late reply to a now old post but did you fix the reception problem? If not, did you try an old school antenna booster which is in fact a signal amplifier? It should help.

Bluegate, I am considering the same approach. When I get my Delco CD player w/EQ back from repair. I am looking at a Audio Control LC2i, is this ok? I do not have Concert sound. Pioneer 4x10s for now and factory dash speakers. I could use some dash speakers that fit flush. I might upgrade to 6x9s in the rear as well. Would like to add an amp and small sub to improve the sound. Cool to retain factory head unit.

Hi, I know this is a late reply to a now old post but did you fix the reception problem? If not, did you try an old school antenna booster which is in fact a signal amplifier? It should help.
Sorry for the late reply guys, didn't realize your posts. I haven't even looked into the reception deal, but I will give your suggestion a try, thank you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bluegate, I am considering the same approach. When I get my Delco CD player w/EQ back from repair. I am looking at a Audio Control LC2i, is this ok? I do not have Concert sound. Pioneer 4x10s for now and factory dash speakers. I could use some dash speakers that fit flush. I might upgrade to 6x9s in the rear as well. Would like to add an amp and small sub to improve the sound. Cool to retain factory head unit.
Hey WE, I beleive that is only a 2ch plus 2ch for subs. Not sure of the price difference, but maybe better to go with the Lc6? I have the 8, for no real reason.

My main issue is that i did not have much bass with the all channels seperate so I joined them. Its a switch on the controller. Issue with this is you really cant fade front to back, or adjust the bass by itself. Mind you, the remote bass controller im talking about is part of the amp. I was just happy to get some great sound and haven't dug back into it.

Last little issue was the controller can come on by sound signal or with your old school remote wire. It worked better with the remote wire because it would turn off too quickly for me when going between inputs. Again, some of this may be the amp having bluetooth delay. Hope this helps!

Brian

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk