How I tossed my vacuum block and cleaned up intake

Was that a yes to it rubs the hood liner or a yes to the up pipe still fits good ?

yes it hits the hood liner. Up pipe just fits but will wear an impression in the hood liner. Factory vacuum block will not work with a 1" plenum spacer. It will dig into the hood itself.

That is AWESOME. Care to share the part numbers / breakdown?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I don't have the part#'s, but they are on Racetronix website. From right to left I have a #6 bulkhead fitting 90, a AN #6 120, #6 teflon line, #6 90 into a , Racetronix #6 check valve, and a #6 90 union.

Last edited:
I have done the same to clean up under the hood of my car as well. My setup requires a 1" plenum spacer in order for me to run a 4" air intake pipe underneath my intercooler pipe. I drilled and taped my 1" spacer for my vacuum lines and made my own pcv out of a Racetronix check valve, teflon lines and fittings. I really don't like the push lock stuff as I have never had them work properly for me without leaks. Teflon lines and fittings are bulletproof with vacuum lines, oil etc.

My PCV setup

That is kick ass Mike.

It provides a signal to my vacuum brakes. Turns out, after I installed the engine, a cheaper straight barbed fitting worked better.