How many GN,s?

Mike Mags

Of the 20,193 GN's built in 1987, how many do you think are still around. I know alot of them have gotten trashed over the years. Just curious to know how rare our cars are. I dont see too many here in the Boston area. What would you say is the percentage of GN's in great condition?
Anyone have any insightfull figures or good assumptions?

I have always wondered that also, just talking to someone at work about it the other day. Also with the T's, 4268 in 87, and 1547 Limiteds. And then in 86, much fewer of both TR's too.

My guess is that after 15 years there would only be 60 to 70% of the cars left. Especially after seeing one here locally in a private junk yard, and knowing many were beat on badly and trashed early on, just like other cars you see in that condition. And of course the unfortunate ones wrecked.

I am sure there are even fewer stockers, engine, turbo, etc, especially with less than 50k miles. I would guess less than 20% would fall into that category.

I started to register my 86 TT but as I got further into it, it seemed more like a spam list waiting to happen.

GNregistry - Identifying and Documenting Vehicles, Not Owners.

Hello Turbo Regal Owners,

Please visit GNregistry.org for any answers to questions or please feel free to send your comments and/or concerns to : Brett - BGN00001A, GNregistry@aol.com, or Rich - BGN00002A - rsud****@satx.rr.com.

I am the original owner of a 1987 Buick Grand National, which I bought when I was 22 years old, so in a way you could say my GN is like a child to me. I have the same views as most TR owners and with a little bit more money, could really enjoy these cars, by owning more than one.

I am very curious and have related questions that only GNregistry seems to address: such as how many TR vehicles are left out there, what type of mileage, condition, racing time slips, numbers of hard tops, t-tops, moonroof, and etc.

If anyone has the answers, please let me know. I don't know everything about a GN, but after 14 years, I have learned where to go for answers to questions, events happening in the area, resources and links to visit, and have met many people who are or were TR owners.

I have even met GN/TR owners last year at a car show, who never knew that GNTTYPE.org existed, but they do now.

Ask questions, feel confident that GNregistry is developed and maintained by Actual Owners and Members of GNregistry.

Also, members of GNTType.org and TurboBuick.com

Co-Founder